Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,677 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Hi everyone

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Junebug, I would like to talk about driving. You made comments that I understand and I would like to express my feelings on the topic. I live 13 miles out of town in a farming community, when my panic episodes were full blown I could barely drive myself home from work. I would drive 40 - 45 mph on a highway because I felt intense fear of loosing it, I felt like jumping off the diving board for the first time it was fear holding me back. Also I couldn't drive in the dark I used to hurry home right at 4:30 from work so I wouldn't be caught in the dark. I am glad that is over with but not I am left with not being able to drive or travel long distances for fear of panic of being away from my comfort zone. Wow! what a life - I really do want to travel. Well this all for now I hope you respond to this message. Thanks.
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phoebe, Welcome to The Panic Center. We thank you for sharing your story with us today. This support group is full of supportive individuals who may be able to help you answer some questions regarding panic and anxiety. If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find many supportive tests. These tests are not diagnostic tools and are not a replacement or substitute for a physicians advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. We also have developed a Panic Program. This program is 12-weeks and involves the tools mentioned above. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead. If you have any questions or concerns with our "TOOLS" you can contact our support department at support@paniccenter.net. Take care and we hope to hear from you soon. Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a brand new member today. I've suffered with GAD forever it seems, but had my first panic attack that took me to a hospital ER 10 years ago. I'm so hoping that this site will help me. I, like many others are at the point where you can't go on another minute with these feelings of helplessness. I look forward to recovery with help from this forum, health professionals, and my family.
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi junebug your not alone i have suffered panic and anxiety for about 5 years now and i also do not drive which has put a major stuggle on my marrage!! i too went on a family vaction about 3 weeks ago the first one in almost almost 4 years i have gotten some what better as far as leaving my home some now but i will only leave with my husband and if it is not to far from home how ever i can stay home by myself now for a while i was not able to do so i have found this forum and this program very helpful and i hope it is also helpfull for you!!! keep smiling GAL
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Junebug, Welcome to the Panic Center! Start working through our program. It will educate you on panic and related disorders and teach you how to break your panic cycle. Take some time to navigate through our forums, there's a lot of information that will be useful to you. If you have any questions, we are always here to help. Members, please join me in welcoming our newest addition! Danielle _______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I've had panic attacks/anxiety and agoraphobia for over 16 years. I seemed to do okay for a while and then my father died and everything went downhill. I became completely agoraphobic and didn't leave my house for 2 years. After alot of therapy with someone who came to my house and took me out, and alot of really hard days, I was back to fairly normal. It took me about 6 years, but I finally was able to go out whenever I wanted, as long as I was with someone and we even took our first family vacation for 9 days, although I never went back to driving. Over the last 6 months, I have been dealing with alot of stress with my husband and I feel like I'm falling apart again. I've begun to avoid places and situations and have been experiencing anxiety almost all day with panic attacks occassionally. It's so hard to deal with this after being so good for so long, I am scared, angry and ashamed that this is happening again. I did start the program here, and have picked up all of my old books too. I'm so glad that I found this site and am starting to meet the wonderful people here. Jacquie

Reading this thread: