Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Huge Set Back

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower,

Glad to hear some things are starting to work themselves out but sorry to hear how you are feeling. Remember that it is completely normal to feel this way due to the huge transition in your life. Now is a good time to focus on the program. You can manage this.

Try to work on the program just a little bit every day. Try not to focus on the frozen feelings - tell yourself they are normal and you are working on taking control of it.

We are right here with you. Post often - you don't have to go through this alone.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sp,
I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  I just wish to point out that you're crippled with "fear", so it's that response we have to get over. 

You're physically ok. We're here for you to lean on
11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just wanted to update my situation.

I finally did get paid, though it was like pulling teeth. I am still owed my pension money but the company that handles that is taking their sweet time.
I am still without work, I do have employment insurance though so that is at least something. I still feel horrible though.

I am crippled and frozen with fear.
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower,

I am so sorry to hear this. This is certainly a stressful situation. Your anger is completely justified; this does not sound to be fair at all. Please check in with the Labour Board for your region. To my understanding all employers need to have valid reason for letting someone go with written warnings and so forth. Giving your job to a friend is not a valid reason in my opinion! You are also entitled to two weeks pay and vacation pay. In the region I live in (Ontario) I think this is mandatory but you will have to do some research yourself as this is not what I specialize in. Get some information and talk to someone from the labour board. In my opinion you should get the minimum of two weeks pay and vacation but I think you will likely get more. Again this is just my opinion you will need to talk to someone. I encourage you to do so ASAP.

Feeling anxious right now is a normal feeling. Sometimes anxiety has a purpose; let this anxiety push you to look into the above. Also, as unfair as this is try not to let yourself feel like a victim. You can take control of this. You can also learn from it. If everything happens for a reason, what can you learn from this situation? What is the gift in it? I know it is hard to look for that now but focusing your attentions on constructive positive thoughts will help you to manage the anxiety and even grow from this experience. Practice the relaxation techniques and remember to challenge your negative thoughts. Remind yourself that these feelings are normal and they will pass. Post as much as you like. We are hear to listen and support you through this.  Stay strong! This isn't fair at all and you do not deserve it.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I was canned from my job. No warning, though I should have known. About 3 months into my job my bosses friend told me that she would have my job as soon as she found daycare for her son. Well, she found a daycare spot and that very day I was let go.

The were supposed to pay me for 2 weeks in lieu of notice plus 3 weeks of owed vacation time and about $700 in pension contributions. They paid me nothing. I looked online into my bank account and there is nothing. I was let go 2 weeks ago today.

I feel sick and panicky and I can barely breathe. I can't eat anything and I feel so let down, so hopeless. I wish the panic would stop. 

I was going to give my notice late in August as I do have another job lined up in October. Now I am faced with having nothing. I worked over a year and a half and I have nothing.

I feel like my heart is going to blow up. It won't stop beating fast. I am trying to meditate but I am furious.

I just wish for once things would go well for me.

Sunflower

Reading this thread: