Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

i always feel light headed dizzy can anyone help me i feel alone

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sunny

And we know how important oxygen is. They give it in the hospital for anxiety or panic and I can tell you personally that it does work so it only stands to reason that proper breathing can have an effect. Still you need a proper O2  to  CO2 balance so your counting should do that right.

Davit
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yup, that's what I do.  Nice deep breath, hold it to a count of 1-2, gently release without forcing, through the mouth.  Later when you are not so tense, you can breathe in to a count of 4, hold for count of 7, release slowly, not forced, to a count of 9. 
Another good breathing technique is outdoors when you go for a walk.  I call it the 4-4-4.  Don't know the real name.  You breathe in to a count of four steps.  Hold for a count of four steps.  Release for a count of four steps.  And you guessed it, you do it four times.  All of this is done while walking without any hesitation, for one count you are walking 12 steps in all - and you do it 4 times.  Great for getting oxygen to the brain.
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi AMJ,
Your advice has helped me too, thanks! I've started yoga and I've been always afraid of my breathing. It was always difficult for me to even start practicing the breathing strategies that I always ended up giving up because it scared me so much. But I kept at it this time, with determination, and the yoga is slowly but surely teaching the difference in my breathing. It took me a long time to get here and it's not even complete yet but the breathing is really the biggest problem for me and always caused my dizziness. Anyways, thanks again.

14 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

When my panic first began that was and still is my main troubling problem. From my personal experience I would say to check your breathing when you begin to feel dizzy? Are you breathing thru your chest? When we begin feeling the symptoms of panic we tend to tense our bodies and hyperventilate to a certain degree. Check your body. Is your breathing shallow and short? If so, take long deep breathes thru your nose and out of your mouth. Also, notice if you are tensing any parts of your body like your shoulders, neck or jaw. Try to relax those parts and keep breathing. Another tips that helps me with dizzyness is to just stand still or sit still and feel dizzy. If it is a panic or anxiety symptom you won't pass out. Breathing may not work instantly but it does work and if you just let yourself feel what you feel without making your symptoms worse by tensing than it will pass. I felt dizzy all the time and I started practicing these coping methods and they help. I stil get dizzy and light-headed but much less often and its not a scary as before. I hope this helps and you feel better soon.
AMJ
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pablo,
I was always dizzy too before, along with the other symptoms but lately they have subsided and only come at random times.. but there were days when it went on forever and I always feel like I'm loosing my mind too. Lately, for me, I have constant difficulty 'breathing'.. or worried that I do and then I feel light headed. You did a great job sharing. Thanks.

14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pablo!

Glad to see you on the site!  Dizziness is a common symptom of panic.  If you have ruled out other causes with your doctor we can assume the dizziness is related to the anxiety.  Something that may help:  Try taking 30 seconds between each shift in position. For ex: Going from lying to sitting, take a 30 second pause before getting up to a standing position.

Also, keep in mind that panic symptoms such as dizziness can be managed by managing the panic itself. Using the program is a great way to start to manage anxiety.  Be sure to make a schedule on when you want to complete the program and work on it regularly.  You will find it to be a big help.

Also, know that you are not alone.  You are not going crazy, you have anxiety.  This can be managed.  Keep working at it and keep posting and we will get through this together.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ive been suffering from anxiety for about 4 months its the worst feeling in the world my biggest issue is always feeling dizzy and lightheaded so any one feeling like me out there pleeeeease help i feel like im losing my mind and im the only one thankyou

Reading this thread: