Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

just a little chat

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gal, This is great and please continue to challenge those thoughts and post with us :) We are here to help and learn from one another :) Keep Strong, Josie _______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI ALL JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THINGS SEEM TO BE ON THE UP SLIDE TO HOME I AM NOW AS OF FRIDAY COMPLETELY OFF THE EFFEXOR SINCE FRIDAY HAD A FEW MAJOR HEAD ACHES NO MAJOR PANIC ATTACKS SO THAT IN ITS SELF IS A GOOD THING!!!!! JUST HAVING A LITTLE DIZZINESS HERE AND THERE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE LORD KNOWS I HAVE NEEDED IT MY SMILE IS GETTING A LITTLE BRIGHTER GAL
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gal, Happy to hear you're feeling a little better. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if we can assist you in anyway. Keep up that great positive attitude! Danielle _______________________ The PC Support Team
HI JOE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY I HAVE NOTICED MYSELF THAT AFTER EACH DOSE HAS BEEN LOWERED IM GOOD TO GO THE FIRST DAY AND THEN FEEL PRETTY BAD THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS BUT TODAY IM FEELING PRETTY GOOD SO I HOPE IM OVER THE HUMP JUST ONE MORE DOSE TO BE LOWER AND THAT IS FROM 37.5 TO 0 SO IM HOPING THAT WILL GO OVER WELL I HAD TO LAUGH ABOUT YOUR JUNKIE SHUFFLE I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH THE SMILE IS A LITTLE BRIGHTER TODAY!! GAL
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gal, I was weaned of of effexor after I had been taking it for a little over a year, and yes it was pretty tough to get off of. I found that a quiet place and a good book often helped me to keep my mind occupied and off of my withdrawal symptoms. I also learned a way to kind of laugh at them as well. My brother saw the way i would fidget coming off of the drug and called that my "junky shuffle". When the symptoms would get bad I would just smile and think, well I'm dancing my "junky shuffle" again. For me the worst of the symptoms lasted for about 48 hours. After that it got a lot better very quickly. I hope you bounce back quickly.
thanks danielle, I AM GOING TO THE DOCTORS EVERY WEEK TILL ALL THIS IS OVER WHICH IM HOPING IS REALLY SOON!!! IM SURE HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING ITS JUST REALLY REALLY HARD BUT I KEEP LOOKING AT THE BRIGHT SIDE HERE THAT I WILL BE BETTER WHEN ALL THIS IS OVER!! STILL TRYING TO KEEP A SMILE!!GAL
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gal, Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. It's not easy to switch medication so keep your doctor aware of the side effects you're experiencing. Until the withdrawals are over, be kind to yourself. Hang in there and come back to vent anytime. Danielle ____________________________ The PC Support Team
GEEEEEZ!! WHAT A RIDE THIS IS!!! MY DOCTOR HAS DECIDED TO TAKE ME OFF OF EFFEXOR XR AND TRY A NEW MED. I AM OVER HALF WAY OFF THE EFFEXOR XR THE MEAN WHILE I WAS PUT ON A LOW DOSE OF PROZAC TO HELP WITH THS SIDE EFFECTS OF GETTING OFF THE EFFEXOR WELL SO FAR SO GOOD TILL TODAY (FRIDAY THE DOCTOR LOWERED MY EFFEXOR TO 37.5 I WAS ON 150MG) I AM FEELING VERY LIGHT HEADED ALONG WITH A NAGGING HEAD ACHE AND SOME WHAT OF AN UPSET STOMACH!! I AM TRYING SO HARD TO DEAL WITH THESE SIDE EFFECTS BUT IM NOT SO SURE I CAN THIS IS REALLY REALLY HARD!!I KEEP TELLING MYSELF THIS IS FOR THE GOOD AND THERE MAYBE SOME DIFFERENT MEDS OUT THERE THAT MAY HELP BETTER BUT IM WEARING FAST DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THESE SIDE EFFECTS OF GETTING OFF A MED LAST?? I HAVE BEEN ON EFFEXOR FOR 2 YEARS NOW THE DOCTOR SAID IT WOULD BE VERY VERY HARD TO GET OFF THIS MED!IM STARTING TO BELIEVE HIM NOW IT IS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER THE LESS OF THE EFFEXOR I HAVE!! IM TAKING THINGS ONE DAY AT A TIME AND TAKING THE EFFECTS AS THEY COME I HOPE THEY DONT GET WORSE!! IM LOOKING TO FEEL BETTER NOT WORSE THIS ANXIETY IS ENDLESS WELL I WILL CLOSE FOR NOW SORRY TO JUST RAMBLE ON BUT I ALWAYS FEEL BETTER AFTER I VENT A LITTLE BIT!! AND IM ALWAYS OPEN TO HELP AND OPINIONS THANKS TRYING HARD TO SMILE GAL

Reading this thread: