Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

How To Minimize Shyness For Men

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone:  Imagine 40% of your body weight given away and not dieing.  very strange that.  interesting though.  How do they do it? 

Sunny
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
V,
I think the video's would be on the discovery channel, but I don't watch much of the "learning' type channels.

I know I can sing, and some species the males do use that...
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hahaha! Hugs, random and interesting.  
Have you watched any of the Planet Earth videos?  There's some incredible footage of male tropical birds that will dance or show an amazing display of their colours to attract females.

There's so much to find in nature to help lift the spirit and put a smile on our face!
Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Apparently, courtship in some species involves the females pursuing the men.  So men can lower their "expectations".  An example is that some insects(crickets) which are male will sing.   Some male species give the females a "gift" up to 40% of their body weight to entice them.  That gift is nutritious and eaten by the female, giving the male an incentive of superior offspring, because of that better nutrition.

There's another weight off my shoulders

Reading this thread: