Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Imagination

11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
More important things? Pfft thanks a lot Davit! Just kidding, I know what you mean. Enjoy your garden!

Very good point! Imagination, that is way so many people who have anxiety normally have high intelligence. You have to be pretty creative and smart to come up with all the scary scenarios that cause anxiety.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John Lennon said this well.

This is my last comment before I leave to do more important things. (for me anyway)

If you can not find a logical reason for your panic then it is imagined. If you can imagine something bad then you can imagine something good to stop it.
After all what is imagination other than picking pieces out of your memory to see where they go.
And since there is no logical reason for a panic attack where else is it coming from but your memory. Think about it. Panic is a symptom not a cause, even what you think of as the cause is only a symptom of memory. "Imagination" Taking a remote memory and making it worse. imagining it to be part of the situation now. If you can't stop panic by seeing the illogic in a situation then you can use imagination as a coping skill to change the situation to one you can handle.

Time to garden big time now. See you if it rains bad or snows.

Davit.

Reading this thread: