Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

PTSD

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Upsidedown,

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you are on the right path and have a good understanding and insight. I echo Davit's statements and I have confidence that you will find peace!! Don't give up!

I encourage you to stick with the program, do the exercises, set goals, etc. Most people find it quite helpful.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
upsidedown

I'm 60 and fought a battle for over two years, and I was in sad shape. I think I have found that peace you want, and so can you. For some of us it takes a while to cover all the bases, and some times there are a lot. CBT works, just not over night. You will get here too if you stick to it.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so glad agoraphobia is talked about here.  It's amazing me how everything is connected. Before the meds kicked in and I found this site, I kept telling my husband I'm just gonna become an agoraphobic - I just can't take life any more, too much stress, too many fears, and don't understand certain types of people and how they think they can treat others it baffles me.
In the movie Slingblade, Carl says toward the end after someone asks him (and I'm paraphrasing) how is it out there - and he replies that its too big. boy, do I relate. much too much energy.
My husband said tonight that he's glad I decided against it, that I'd find it would only make life worse. He's thrilled that I've found help, both meds and here. Little by little, in small steps, I see changes.  I have to remember that the past can no longer hurt me. By letting the world get to me, I keep all those memories alive, and I'm tired.  At 57 y/o, I would have thought I'd find peace by now with all the work I've done on myself with help. Before the correct meds I went to a psychiatrist that I could see was a pill pusher and told him I was tired of feeling, so he overdosed me.  I liked being out of it for awhile, but it didn't work, too many side effects, in danger of seizures, and I felt not anchored. But I may find peace afterall.
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Click on view previous submissions button. It is the answer for July 2010.  I was able to open it.  If you still have trouble please contact me through the feedback section.

Ashley, Health Educator
Ashley,  there are two responses in Ask the Expert - but I couldn't get the submissions open.
               every where else I go to works fine.
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Upsidedown,

Check out the Ask the Expert section.  There is a past question specifically about PTSD.

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi A.
Good work and good question!
I do not remember ptsd being mentioned specifically in any of the sessions.  I have some ptsd and sessions 2, 3, 4, really helped me a lot.  There is a 10 questions list in session 3 that you use to challenage your negative and anxious thoughts and it really helps...It is best to read session 2 first which explains anxious thoughts and then move right on to session 3 when you feel you are ready.  Thats where you will find the 10 questions list that will help you.... Till next time.. Keep reading and keep posting.

Red

Hi all,
Is PTSD talked about in any of the lessons.  I have only finished the 1st and the one on worry.
Please direct me in the right direction.
A

Reading this thread: