Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Panic attack

17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Cheryl and Danielle! I did managed to get out for a little walk. But it was hard! I'm still feeling very anxious. And sad for letting all this take over me. Thanks for your advice! It's precious to me! And be sure I'm here too to help and support others. Let's put it down as one bad day huh? Hugs, Anabela
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Annabel, Sorry to hear that your having a bad day. Time to start working at it. I agree with dcheryl83' advice. Work up to it slowly. Baby steps, check back soon. Danielle _______________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Anabel. Its been a couple of hours since your post, I hope you log back on and let us know how you are. I know you are going thru a terrible time. Take some deeps breaths and just open the door. You don't have to go outside, just open the door and stand there for 30 seconds. Wear your watch and count down the seconds. Tell yourself its only 30 seconds. Let your mind concentrate on each second that goes by as you count them down, its a small step and I know you can do it.
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I couldn't make it to my therapist today... I actually haven't left the house and it's past lunch time... I'm trying to gather the nerve to go outside and walk my dog. I feel like... I can't tell you how I feel! I don't know! I'm mad and disappointed at myself! But it's stronger than me. I can't control all this anxiety. My mind goes into a spin... I move one step forward and two steps back... I don't wish this my anyone! It's like i'm trapped inside my own mind! I need your help! Ana

Reading this thread: