Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Does talking about depression make it worse?

13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I definitely feel that talking about things helps me. In fact I started a blog about my life and coping with mental illness. I find it liberating to just say things the way they are.
13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't really have a memorable moment, but I have found that talking about it helps. Not talking about it seems to make it worse for me.
13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I first arrived at this site and posted on the forum, over 18 months ago, I was desperate (very desperate). My first post was an aggressive, childish rant, venting all my anger and self-hatred into the wide open spaces of the internet. 

The responses I got from the members was universally gentle and calming, and genuinely welcoming. I immediately felt at home here and have never forgotten the feeling of realising I wasn't all alone after all.
13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Talking about Depression can bring some relief and at the same time, somebody else can recognize the need for professional help." Help is widely available through clergy, medical facilities, and psychiatrists.

What is your most memorable experience here on the DC forum?

Reading this thread: