Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Behind on a deadline...

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on all of your successes Diva!
You accomplished so much this weekend, both in your professional work life, and in your personal life as well. You were able to finish your work, which I'm sure is fantastic, and you came home to a clean house!
Good for you Diva! Now, rest that head of yours, and be careful!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,

You had quite a weekend and it all sounds very hopeful.  I'm glad you went to your Mom's and got your work done, plus were able to give your hubby the shove he needed.  My best wishes for your continued success!
15 years ago 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great news Diva!!!! Soemtime just changing routine helps a lot.
As for your hubby. Maybe he finally got your point

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys,

Well as for the deadline issue, I spent all wekend with my mom and have managed to finish the bigger part of my work. Tuesday I need to get to the lab and finish up some work but besides that my first draft is done! Woohoo! Yay! Woot! (Sorry, I just really needed to get this done).

I feel worried though that my boss will be displeased with my work especially since I turned it in late... But hey, I did my best and most of it is done now. It was a tough paper to write but I am happy with it (still hope my boss likes it lol).

As for my husband, well, I am not sure what to think. I came home and BAM! I saw that he had cleaned the house! I was aware that he had cleaned a bit, he had told me as much on the phone when we spoke, but I had no idea, how much he had done. So it seems that although he did play while I was gone, he did take time to do a lot of hoework during those two days I was not home. The bedroom is perfect. Even the bed is made. He vaccumed in there and suted! The bathroom is spotless. The chrome is shining and the floor has been mopped! The office is all clean and the guest bed sheets have been washed! the vaccum is done, well everywhere in the house. The carpet feels fluffy lol. On top of it, the kitchen is clean. There are a few dishes in the sink, and a few clean dishes to put away but the kitchen is very nice and the floor has been mopped. Finally I can see he has started tackling the mess we had in the dining room and living room! The floors are all mopped or vaccumed in those two rooms. There is still a few things to put away and paperwork to go through but it is still a very nice improvement! Plus he says we will finish up the rest later this week!

Oh and he actually going back to his new class! He had started last week but I was afraid to hope. But he is going back next week and has said he likes his teacher. He seems to be commited to going back to school this time. so here is to hoping it goes well for him. He is starting with just one class.But I know if it goes well it will motivate him to try more.

So as you can see this has been a rollercoaster ride for me. I was shocked to see how much work he did while I was gone. Ok, so right now he is sitting at his computer playing but I figure he deserves a break lol. Funny but right now, the video game playing does not bother me one bit!

When I came home I thanked him, a lot, for the great housework he did. I also made sure to unpack my overnight bags immediately and to put all my things away. Upkeeping what he had done was the least I could do! I am very impressed. I am still a bit afraid that this is just a phase to placate my anger, but I am beginning to feel a bit hopeful that he really does want to make an effort to keep me and to work with me. I am trying to be open minded and acceoting of all this. I do love him and right now I am beginning to feel hopeful again. I really feel like I am on a rollercoaster!

Oh and he also accepted to go to councelling with me. Wow quite the week!

I will go for now as I hit my head earlier and my head is hurting really badly atm. but I have no other symptoms of concussion yet so I am not too worried. Lol he gently reminded me that I must be more careful to not hit my had though as he is tired of being on concussion watch. lol. Another 70 hours and I will be in the clear lol.

Have a good evening all and thank you for your support!
Hello Rose,

Funny you should say that lol. I have considered that lol. But I must admit I really am not sure what to think. Is he depressed, an addict, both, none of the above. I guess only he can answer that one. But thank you for your perspective on this. It helps to get as many ways of looking at this as possible.

15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello diva,
maybe you're husband isn't depressed - he's an addict! a video game addict. there's plenty of them. plus he's using it to calm himself (it's like any other addiction). what would happen if you unplugged everything and took it elsewhere? make him a deal - go without games for one week and do something calming together - walking, cooking, hugging.  tell him that he does too
have issues - he's risking his job and he's losing you!
Hiya mom of 3,

I know you didn't mean to say I should drive lol. I am saying I should drive haha. I think if I can manage to get over the fear it would do me good to drive

Hello Sheba,

Thank you for your reply. I am soon leaving to go work at my moms. Have a nice day and I will let you all know how it goes!
15 years ago 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva! I hope that you will find some peace and get the work done. I know the feeling (even If I'm always out of schedule) but I feel in debt if I can't do the work. So is better to try to do it. But also take it like a short vacation. Get out with your mom and try to enjoy it.
As for my driving licence I like to drive but simply I have to find two months to take the diving classes (are compulsory here) and to do the tests... Anyway I prefer to go on public transportation where available. I live in a big (too big) city. 
And for the anxiety for me fortunatelly is not the case. I've been doing even climbing and so on and all sort of crazy things. (I'll open a new topic on that.)

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,

Didn't mean to say that you should be driving, only wanted to let you know why I do drive.  If I hadn't had my aunt as the catalyst I may not be a driver myself.  If you've found your catalyst, not wanting to rely on your husband to take you places, then it may be something you do want to do. 

I guess I should tell you that I will go to extremes not to need someone, for example, my flat tire incident where I changed the tire myself before my husband arrived.  That was me trying to say I don't need you to do this for me.  I try to convey this very independent attitude when I'm hurt or angry.  It's a push away that really says I don't need you.  I don't know if that's you or not.

In that spirit, I think it's great that you are going to work at your Mom's house.  Is it possible for you to stay a couple of days?  You might do well with a break.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Sheba and Diva!
Enjoy your weekend

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: