Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

depression or sick?

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO TO THE DOCTORS TO SEE WHAT KIND OF RASH IT IS??
17 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've had those symptoms as well. The weak, sluggish and feeling down part is the depression, I think, but the nausea and then the hives I put down to the extreme stress. It's not uncommon to feel nauseous from stress, but I was surprised at the hives. Same as for you, littlecookie, I had just a couple here and a couple there, but I'm 44 and have never had hives before. It was as if my body was screaming at me to pay it some attention before I completely burnt out. The hives went away in a couple of weeks without me actually doing anything to alleviate the stress -- I was too far into the flaming tailspin to do anything anyway except crash and burn -- but I really do think it's the body crying for help (if allergy has been ruled out). Hope this helps.
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. I don't know about breaking out in hives due to depression, but feeling sick is common . . . at least for me. When I was much younger than I am now (18 or so) and long, long before being diagnosed with MDD and GAD, I was nauseated every day and was prescribe Xanax. The stomach aches were nothnig more than a symptom of anxiety. Aches and pains are also very common among people with depression. I read somewhere that 40% of emergency room visits involving patients who believed they were having a heart attack turned out to suffering from symptoms of anxiety and panic (including shortness of breath, dizziness, seeing spots, sweating). I was one of those people about a year ago and the pain was very real. Of course, this doesn't mean anyone should dismiss physical symptoms as simply a product of anxiety, but only to point out that depression and anxiety effect us both mentally AND physically. Take care of yourself. Caiman
18 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi littlecookie, Depression can have various effects on the body. Fellow members will be responding soon, but please be sure to discuss this concern with your doctor/health care provider. Casey _________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I have been dealing with depression for 20 years. Been to theripists on and off for that long. Right now I am at the worst point it seems. I was wondering with depression and panic attacks if a person can start feeling totally sick at stomache, weak and really feel down. I have noticed small (circle, raised and flat at top) red bumps only a few in different areas. like one or 2 on my arm and 3 or 4 on legs and 1 or 2 on tummy. Could it be hives? I was just wondering if a bad case of depression can lead to thoes symptoms.

Reading this thread: