Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Horses ........

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,

I am extremely hard on myself and the result has been low self esteem.  I'm getting better about forgiving myself and letting go. I've been doing better and better, over the years, overcoming perfectionism.  We're all works in progress.  What I like about it is that when we know better, we do better.  

Shari
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On the subject of Horses Asses to go with the pic.  How many of you have something embarrassing in your past that you dwell on. Basically have you at some time been less than you would like to have been and is it affecting how you think and see yourself. 
I had a lot of trouble with this one. One little slip up and I spent years getting over it. And it was me doing it not others. I doubt they remembered or even cared, probably because at some time they had done something similar and forgave themselves. 
How it affected me was that I went out of my way to be better than others, (perfectionism) instead of just being human. Not only is it unhealthy, but it drives people away. 
I guess this is why we have the word "sorry" in our vocabulary.

Davit.

Reading this thread: