Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Some times life just happens.

12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit & Sunny,
nice post! Yay for victory. 
Thanks for the inspiration.

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
She does have a dog and it does ride in the car even if it might sound like me :-). Besides I'm not female. :-).

Davit.   Woooof.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi:  Just reading posts tonight and found this one.  Well, to answer Davit's question as to how I felt about the trip to the doc.  I felt fine.  I was a little concerned about the hwy. because in some places it was packed snow and icy.  I just slowed down when i felt unsure of the road since i don't know these roads well yet, actually my first time driving to that town.  Also, it was dark coming home and again, figured I'd just slow down if I had any concerns about the road.  And I am not familiar with Davit's car, how it handles in winter, etc.  As for Davit's injury, he thought I might be squeamish over the blood and all, but no, I am alright with that kind of stuff.  Mostly, of course, was concerned for his well being and glad that I insisted we go get stitches 'cause it was deep.  Always like having my dog in the car, she's very calm and happy to go for a drive.

Sunny
Vincenza.

In a way I am a bit proud of my perception, it has brought me a long ways and although I had just as much trouble understanding what had to be done I persisted and finally got it. It took time but feel that now there is no way I will ever go back to where I once was. I may visit but there is no way I have to stay. 
As for the hand, it doesn't hurt but I did use it too much and made it bleed a bit. I have to redress it. 

Davit.

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,   I'm glad to hear the accident wasn't any worse!  You seem to be handling it well and have a great outlook on the incident.  Not many people would be able to see it in a lighthearted way.  You will forever be reminded of your Victory over what is a very challenging condition.  In a strange way, I hope it brings you a sense of pride! 

Vincenza, Health Educator
I like that. 

I started in electronics and could have gone far as I had good comprehension. But the anxiety and a longing to be outside sent me down a different road. I certainly could have been richer but I would not have the memories or the stories. That you can not buy. The life I lived was like a twelve month holiday that I got paid for. There was enough to live on but not much for savings. Still it beats a two or three week holiday every year.
I will never regret the choice I made in that sense.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to add that your attitude towards those past events is really helpful to me.  Almost exactly a year ago, I turned down a job offer that would have given me a 25% raise.  My gut told me it was the wrong thing to do (Later I found out I had a stomach virus!).  Anyway, every once in a while, I have a tinge of regret over that situation.  However, I just love what you've said regarding things you wished you had done differently - that these things exist in the past for comparison and to learn from - I love that. 
Hi.

It is morning and my hand itches a bit but that is all. No anxious thoughts. I'll have to wrap it to shower but that is no big deal. I'm amazed at how little I feel about it. I think it is carry over from my attitude change in taking back control. "I did this I will live with it." I wish I could of looked at life that way all those times I spent in the hospital. But that is in the past only for comparison, only to learn from.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I love this post - V for victory indeed - this is great, Davit (well not the part about injuring yourself, of course - but everything else!_

I've been feeling better so I was in the basement in my shop. I was putting a tool away and did not see the blade for a key hole saw sticking out. I stuck it in the back of my hand. We share doctor on call with the next village. Six doctors and the one on call is almost an hour away. We looked at the cut and figured with the loose skin flap it needed stitches. So off we go. Sunny drove. Well it did need stitches and I was in line right away so sunny took the dog for a walk while I got sewn up. There should have been some shock after sticking a large piece of steel in my hand. There should have been some anxiety. There should have been some negativity since I had to do something I normally wouldn't have to do or want to do. Nothing. On my part anyway. I don't know about Sunny, I just assumed she was okay with it. I better ask her tomorrow. I just looked at the mountains on the drive there and talked to the doctor on call who I know as he stitched away. Even the freezing needle that can be painful was okay. A couple of years ago I would have needed Ativan or at least Valium. I'm going to have a V shaped scar from it. V for victory over anxiety and panic. It would have been nicer if it didn't happen but sometimes stuff just happens and you have to roll with it.

Davit.

Reading this thread: