Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Did you know€¦

13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi all, mine started around 39, sometimes wonder if it is hormone related as i have had worry and stress my whole life and it was never a problem, maybe it was just a build up and it got to much, also as my daughter got older and stared doing her own thing a bit more i started worrying more as i was thinking of negative things that could happen and knew they were out of my control

Debi
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi:  Mine didn't start until I was in my late 30's.  I had been a worrier type before but did not have a panic attack until I had a double whammy of stressful events occurring on a regular basis.  I have heard someone say they were a child when they developed panic disorder.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I was around 22 when it all started. I so agree with Ocean..I wish there was this program back then.

Juanita

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jason.

Panic disorders start when you discover that the life you are living is not normal. Up till then you just think that you are the way you are is how it is. It would seem that once a person enters the work force or marriage, or leaves home that they discover that how they have been living and coping is not right. I would also say it depends on how well they have been sheltered. The age seems about right but I have seen people with very stable lives develop it in later years from some trauma. Often related to something they have been successfully keeping hidden for years, often from childhood. Safe routines can keep it at bay for years, until you are forced to make a change or venture out into unknown territory. The quicker the change the harder you get hit.

Just my thoughts,
Davit
13 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It seems just about right to me. Mine started when I was 21. I just wish I would have known of this program earlier in my life, I wouldn't have suffered this long.
13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Members,

Panic disorder typically strikes in young adulthood. About half of all people who have panic disorder develop the condition before age 24.

Does this age seem young or old? Please share your thoughts.

Jason - health Educator

Reading this thread: