Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

What went right today!

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dizzy:  Good way to enjoy your day without analyzing everything.  Sometimes you can just relax and just enjoy the calm and remember what it feels like.  That positive feeling will stay with you in memory, shut out the negative anxiety.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi dizzy,

Panic attacks or increased anxiety is common in the morning, so its normal. There are a variety of reasons that you may not have experience one this morning. But, its great that you're just enjoying the moments. Part of anxiety is believing that you constantly have worry, and not be calm. So the fact that you've chosen to not think about it and enjoy is a huge step forward. Your body and mind are learning that it is OK to relax. Congrats.

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have you ruled out hypoglycemia?
My attack comes around 4ish AM and I have to have some orange juice.
I was told to eat a handful of almonds before I went to bed, also.
13 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I pretty much have an attack everyday in bed in the morning. However I did not have one today I am trying to figure out the difference when I have an attack as opposed to the few occasions when I do not. However I am not going to dwell on the fact today and just enjoy a day with out an attack.

Dizzy
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teebs:  Way to go!  That's exactly how I started to realize my limitations.  Figuring out when I was tired and needed to rest and that I didn't have to attend everything all in one day. 

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree that focusing on the successes is just as important as analyzing the mistakes. I should try to focus more on what went right at the end of each day.

Today, I was proud of myself for recognizing when I was pushing myself too hard and giving myself a more relaxing evening. I'm away from home visiting for the Thanksgiving holiday, and whenever I'm in my hometown there are lots of friends and family to catch up with. Today, after doing three different things with different people, I recognized I was tired and if I pushed much further I would panic. So, I declined to do the fourth thing, and came home and watched a movie in my pajamas instead. This was definitely the right decision, and I'm glad I've made enough progress that I can see when to take care of myself before I get to the point of having a panic attack!

Teebs

13 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good timing.  I had fun getting a new hairdo. My hairdresser said I came in all hunched over and when I left I stood tall. I actually liked what I saw in the mirror, totally transformed.  When my husband saw me he also lit up and said I looked like a model. This is just part of my transformation - I've read that 57 - 60 are the awkward years for a women.  It's like adolescence all over. I finally found clothes that expressed who I am and now the hairdo.  I actually saw me instead of someone I didn't recognize.
It's interesting how quickly one small bothersome e-mail can turn it all around and create anxiety for me.  So seeing your posting was perfect for me to place it in perspective.  Thank you. A
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jason,

It is hard to focus on what went right when you are freezing your butt off trying to put a tractor back together and you are running out of daylight. But it was an experience and it did get me outside and I'm not even upset that it didn't work. There will be another day. And another way.
So what went right: My neighbour came to visit and although we didn't get the tractor done we did make up some chains for his saw and we talked for a while. The tractor? It actually didn't have much hope but we tried anyway. Nothing ever goes wrong, it just some times doesn't go right. Gee we are back to perception, attitude and belief. Notice how this is the same way I treat negative core beliefs. Positive over negative. It really is a small world. Oh there were some other positives that fit in here too. All in all I had a good day because I made it a good day. You could actually by stretching it a bit say the whole day went good even though it didn't.

A pretty content 
Davit.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jason,

Great Idea and Thread.

I will tell you what went right for me today.  I decided to let myself rest and relax today.. This is a hard one for me to do but today I stuck to my guns and let myself get the rest I needed.  It was a good day...Today I learned to listen to my body and give it what it needs. That its ok to let yourself rest when you need to and take time to relax.

Red

13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

We are continually taught that when we do not reach our goals, we should assess the situation to see where we went wrong so that we can learn from our mistakes.  While this is helpful, many psychologists feel that we should spend just as much time and effort analyzing our successes as we do our mistakes.

So members, what have you done right today to stick to your goals?  How can you learn from today’s success?

As always, please share your thoughts.

Jason, Health Educator

Reading this thread: