Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Making daily changes and progress.

9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me, structure has to return to a vastly changed timetable. Mom was hospitalized a month ago, and it's been stressful, since there are continuous errors in the hospital, and I find I don't even understand the staff/nurses/administration. Maybe it's the holiday period, and the senior personnel are away, at all levels. I feel depleted for various reasons: anger because of errors, unprofessional behaviour and even my diet. I think I've chosen food with too much sugar(eg. dates, and red melon). For my diet, I thought I'd shorten the time, but buying those foods, but it's backfired. I can measure my food intake using a database. I do treat myself at the hospital cafeteria. I'm trying to resume healthier routines of the past, like a walk. I just wish mom's health could be given back, but....
9 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi JayDee! Thank you for sharing your successes! Continue recording your achievements and milestones, whether in a journal or here on the PC forums. Your dedication to reaching your health goals is inspiring - as your avatar sais: Don't give up! Stay strong - You Are Worth It!!Vincenza, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Prior to the diagnosis of Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia, my morning routine was a can of cola and social media. For the past month or more, my morning routine has been bottle of water and signing in here. Read Forum, respond if I can relate and then a small breakfast, then I either reread a Session or work on my exposure therapy or read my Assertiveness training book for a while. I feel more relaxed now then I did when I first joined. I was a mess back then. It's been 6 weeks now. So much has changed for the better for me by learning CBT and doing the work it requires. If for some reason I don't feel relaxed, I do Yoga Nidra before starting the rest of my day. I can admit I have been struggling with the exposure therapy for driving as that was the fear I've avoided the most. Its over a decade old fear. I am however getting really good at driving around the parking lot. I know that as soon as that gets boring I will be able to make it to the road. Today, I start Session 6 on here. I'm looking forward to progressing. With the assertiveness, I actually said no to someone yesterday, that asked a favor of me without feeling badly that I said no or reconsidering. 

Reading this thread: