Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Getting by.

9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thought walking on a treadmill twice for 10 minutes was exercise, until I tried to fill gaps in the foundation wall, during a warm spell. There is something I can't understand about these cracks, because I kept pouring old powdered cement into what seemed to be a bottomless pit! Maybe it will be worse, if water seeps in, and now expands, since there's less space, meaning the walls could be under more stress? I'm only going to use dolomite sand around the good pavement anyway, for traction. But how could there be so much space in a passageway between two semi-attached houses?
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It snowed today. All day so there is lots of it. My neighbour has a machine with a twelve foot blade. It removes the snow real fast. I have snow banks again. There will be more snow over the next week. It doesn't matter, cleaning the deck is good exercise.  I will be storing Karin's car for a month and a half, it is good that I have room.
It could snow for the next tree month, it has done that before. 

Davit
Happy New Year Red. 

It is starting out good and I hope to keep it that way, No, let me put it this way, I will keep it that way.

Davit
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy New Year!!! To Everyone in the Support Group... Red...
That recipe was supposed to have a quarter cup of olive oil in the water LOL. 

Davit. 

Ps. it makes good cinnamon buns or any other fancy bread that needs to be rolled out.  Like croissants or pinwheels. 
At a guess I would say it is dead or sour yeast. I buy it in a jar and use three skimpy tsp. per batch.

Here is a simple white bread you can mix on the counter by hand. In a mixing bowl put 7/8 cup of water at blood heat. (95-100 F) Add 1 tsp. white sugar and 2 1/2 tsp traditional dry yeast. When foamy and double add 1 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp salt if wanted , 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ginger powder depending how fresh it is and 1 tbs. white sugar. Mix well with a wooden spoon, add 1 1/2 cups of flour slowly folding in with the wooden spoon. Turn out on a floured counter and kneed till it snaps adding flour if it is gooey.  At this point it can be used for pizza. For bread, let it rise till double and then punch it down. Shape it into a loaf, round or long. Put it on a cookie sheet on corn meal. Cut diagonal slits on top.  let rise almost double. Just before putting it in the oven spray it with water lightly. For a nice crunchy crust spray the sides of the oven too. Cook at 425 for 15minutes. or till it is golden mostly. 350 if you cook it on parchment instead of corn meal.
When it is cool it should have a crisp crust and be chewy inside and the ginger barely noticeable.

You can roll the dough into three pieces and braid it if you like.

Davit
Thanks Davit, I wish I could think outside the bag, sometimes. What about that "doughy" smell I'm getting? I'm going to experiment, adding/subtracting ingredients, but, does anything come to mind? I know the yeast expired in august, but I just add more.
I throw the slices loose in what ever bag is handy only to keep it together. If they stick pry them apart with a knife. Bread doesn't freezer burn over short periods so doesn't even have to be in a bag. But the freezer gets full of crumbs.

Davit.

You can toast frozen bread.
What sort of bag do you use for the frozen bread? I can't find the small ones, only medium.
My mother used to tell us that what do on the first day of the year you will do all year.  Not really so but the idea is there. So it would be a good idea to make it as good and productive of a day as possible. No worry, and no negatives.
And hopefully no hang over. Mental or otherwise. No hold overs, start the year positive and productive. 

Davit.

Reading this thread: