Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Getting by.

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I got its Happiness that's it. Happy with what your doing. Happy that it's a cool day. Happy that my vertigo is finally gone. Happy that I have made a lot of progress on my Smart Goals the last two weeks. Happy that I am finally getting a enough restful sleep every night....The list goes on and on....Red
The weather is cool and overcast here today just the way I like it..Red...
This may not be the answer you were looking for but I'll take the challenge and give it my best shot. Is the answer? Hope, Faith and just possibly something as simple as a positive mental attitude or maybe believing in ones self..That's a good start don't you think?!... Now please cough up the answer Davit :)) Red....
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I took a break to prepare to load my winter tires into my trunk, from the tedious legal matters of estate planning. I have to print the stuff, since reading on the screen seems difficult,but my farsightedness is great!
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Surprising considering the number of people that read this post that no one even guessed at what is the only emotion we have no control over. The one emotion that can over ride all others, the one emotion that can bury negatives just by being there. You either have it or you don't. A real shame if you don't. And no I'm not going to tell you what it is. 

Davit.

Weather continues to be holding nice even though it should be much colder. I'm still anemic and finding doing anything hard. The mind is willing but the body isn't, Better than the other way round.
I trimmed the edges off some cedar planks so I have some material to use for the boxes. It is a start.

Davit.
Getting by. So much of life is just getting by. So much I have no control of. I have control of me, or at least I thought I did. "Want to", covers every situation but one. I can do anything "I want to" but one thing. I have will power so if I don't want to do something I don't. Most of the time, Chocolate is a weakness. It doesn't count. At least the one thing I have no control of is positive so it will never cause a panic attack. Sadness yes but not depression. It isn't health. We know I don't have that yet have control of how I see it. Can anyone think what is the one thing that can over ride the checks and barriers? 

It has been snowing a bit in the mornings when I wake up. That I like so it is positive. I am never bothered by weather no matter how bad. I'm supposed to be building flower boxes but something always comes up and it gets set aside. It doesn't matter, I will get them done before I need them. Last summer I caught up with a lot of projects, I will get the boxes done. I have too there are going to be a lot of flowers go in them. The fact I have to bothers me because I don't really have to. I certainly want to. 

Davit
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't think ahead, and probably damage a gate latch, by forcing and bending it. I might not be able to use it until the spring. I'm going to look at how I'd fix it for the Saturday, which is warmer. My anxiety got the best of me, and it's happened too many times in the past, with disastrous and irreversible results. I suppose it's not to the scale of other situations, which some consolation.
Red

If you listen to people and look at how they do things it soon becomes obvious that they are conditioned to. It isn't something they mean to do but something they do because it fits. Being negative becomes a habit. Man is supposed to be a social creature and to be one we have to fit in. But we have taken it a step too far. We are becoming clones. To the point we don't have any individuality any more and this would not be such a bad thing if it was not that the mould for our cloning is so negative. With so many annoying things in our face and with so many negative ways of dealing with them is it any wonder we automatically think negative solutions. Avoidance is the appropriate solution but obviously not the right one since it gives us no answer when we have no choice but to deal with unpleasantness. So the only way to keep our individuality in a world that makes demands, ( computers, phones, big box stores and freeways to name a few) we have to find ways to think feel and stay positive. There is no room to attach negative thoughts to these things we have little say over if we do not want to become anxious clones. We can not change the world, it is too late, but we can change how we see it and how we pass through it.

Jealousy is the root of cloning, we are taught that we need to have what everyone else has and to feel negative if we can not. Number one sales gimmick. It is hard to be positive without being individual, maybe even impossible.

So I think it is simple, think positive and the rest will take care of itself.

Davit
Davit...Excellent post here and the one under the thread titled I stepped out of my comfort zone. I hope everyone reading finds your posts for I think they could help many people in the support group. I especially like the part about changing ones mood with a cup of tea or some nice music or whatever works for you. Letting the negative go and starting again on what you really want to do..Maybe Ashley can start a thread topic for your posts on this subject and move them over to a new thread. I really feel this is a subject worth continuing and exploring. We all need a little direction and focus in our lives and replacing the negative thoughts with positive thoughts is essential. This way we can stayed focused on what we really want to do...Thanks helping me understand this process..I hit a little bump in the road with my project and am taking a little break with cup of tea than it's back to my project which is what I Want To do..I am so glad you found a project that you enjoy to keep you occupied for a while during these long winter months. Spring is coming and you will need those flower boxes soon...Well, I better get to making that cup of tea now. Talk to again you soon..Your Friend, Red...:)))

Reading this thread: