Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I did it, went out of town for a week on vacation

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yup Cd, that was the lake from our trip, it was so gorgeous there, so relaxing.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can see that from your picture change its lovely  .
Thanks everyone. I'm still sort of in vacation mode,  I feel relaxed:)
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Minnessota!

Wow congratulations on your great adventure! What a success! I am so very impresed!

Glad to hear you had fun :)

-Diva
15 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glad you had a relaxing trip. well done for going back into the store by yourself! :)
Hi, thanks for the good words. HI CD glad to hear from you. Good to be back, well it would be nice to be able to be by the lake too, so peaceful.
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota,   What a great achievement!  Congrats on a successful journey and challenging yourself to push forward!   Awesome!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay Minnies back !!!!!

Well lady , i must say im dead impressed with you . You are doing so well whooooo . Sounded abit scary the journey though , but you handled that fantastic .

I think one ( how posh does that sound ) has an obsession with quilts !! Must admit i love homemade quilts , and would love to have ago but cant knit . My MIL is doing me one so yayyy . Maybe if she gets to move down here she could teach me .

You were missed glad your back , speak soon CD XX

Hi Everyone, got back from vacation yesterday.  The drive to the trip was eventful, we landed up leaving later and later, so I just wanted to get going, finally the family arrived and we got on the road.  I sat in the back which I find better on long journeys, we had one of the nephews in front.  We travel in a convoy with two pickups and then us.  Well we are on the highway, and my hubby noticed one of the wheels on the boat trailer looking wierd, next thing the thing blows and a big chunk of rubber comes flying towards us.  I shrieked.  We all pulled over to the side of the highway.  It was very nervewracking for a while, being parked on the side of the highway, everyone is moving so fast and I felt a bit trapped, my hubby moved the car a bit more towards the side.  Anyway we landed up being there for about 45 mins.  Everyone was standing around and we had some cookies, and I took photos, and then we went on our way.  I was relaxed and just happy to be on the way.  Anyway, I was alone a lot in the mornings as everyone went fishing, I did great, and sat in the sun and read, (first day i over did it and got heatstroke, but after a couple of days I was fine).  One time I felt dizzy and panciky was when we went shopping.  I sat outside when everyone was in a couple of stores, but then we went to this gorgeous quilt store I went with my mom and sis in law.  I walked around slowly looking at stuff then felt ok.  I  even went back to the stores I was dizzy in later by myself.
The next day my mom in law, and sis in law and I went to the quilt store for about 3 hours and then for lunch, and I didnt have hubby with, I did good.  The trip was fun, and coming home I sat in the back again.  I feel relaxed and calm inside, I think I really needed to get in the car and go somewhere.
It made me feel good again, to go out and be somewhere different.
Anyway i'll post more later,..just wanted to let you all know that I had a great time.

Reading this thread: