Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Is this a "situation"

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Maggie on a great success! Woohoo! -Diva
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did it!!! I survived today...the smell of the hospital did give me the willies, but focusing on something else did help. I just find it so amazing how triggers, any triggers, can just set you off, what power we give them, if we allow this. Thank you for your kindness Sylvie...now I'm exhausted, a good exhaustion :). Maggie
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie, Keep working through the exercises and practice your relaxation techniques. I agree that you may need to take baby steps, so feel free to run out for coffee like you said, if it will help you get through the day, all the better! Stay strong! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there, I think I have a "situation" here. I have offered to help my sister-in-law take our father-in-law to the hospital for a scope that needs to be done. The whole hospital thing frightens me where I'm getting worked up. This is the hospital where my Dad worked and also became a patient and then passed away there, (this was a while ago though), that I think I have dealt with, but it's just the smell of the hospital (a trigger), and then the whole atmosphere. What was I thinking!!! I'm going to try my exercises to keep calm and in control, I may have to step out for a break (a coffee run, I'm sure I'll be buzzing by the end of the day from caffeine), but I'm sure I'll get through this. I guess I just needed to vent. Well, here goes...this makes us stronger, I just have to remember that.

Reading this thread: