Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

My first online support group/forum

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi MJSmith,
Nice to meet you, I'm glad your posted. 
I don't like to explain myself too. But it's easier here to me.

14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

You are are not alone or abandoned.  Whenever you need anyone to listen we are here.

I first suggest working on the program.  The program has helped many members and it can help you too.  Try to plan when you would like to work on the program and when you plan to have certain session complete.  Be sure to reward your efforts.  Also, make sure you use the tools that are available like the symptom tracker.

Have you ever talked to a doctor or counselor about the way you feel?  If so, what was the result?

Post and read often!  I look forward to reading more from you.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the support group mjsmith and spry7,

This is a very caring and supportive group and we do learn a lot from each other.  I am  so glad you have joined our group the more the merrier.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

Red
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome mjsmith and spry7.

I presume you are doing this from your desk. If not it doesn't matter. What matters is that you can come here any time. You can use us as a distraction or a release. Writing helps as you will see if you take the time to read the posts. And someone will always answer. Write as much as it takes and as often. There is no limit. Like there is no limit to the help we offer. Ask any questions, tell us your storey, your meds any thing to help us help you. We have been through what you are going through.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is so ironic that I read your post. I have been feeling the exact same way for a few months now. I have suffered from panic and anxiety on and off my whole life; I was off meds almost 2 years but recently my symptoms returned and recur when I am at work. It is hard at my job because I sit alone with no one to talk to, for some reason my symptoms go away when I am able to have a conversation with someone, I guess it takes my mind off of things. Hope you feel better soon.
14 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new to the site. I've been meaning to join an online support group/forum to help me get through the work day. I get really anxious and restless at work because I feel restricted and trapped. I worry that if I go for a walk, eventually I'll get in trouble for never being at my desk (its happened before) The thought(s) going through my head through out the day is "I don't want to be here", "I want to get out of here!", "I gotta get out of here", "I NEED to get out of here"
Usually if I start thinking I need to leave then it leads to a panic attack. When I get to "I got to leave" I start getting hot flashes and anxious, and can't sit still. 
When I get home I feel alone and abandoned, like no one cares about my situation or struggle. I don't usually talk about it to my friends cause I don't think they'll understand and I hate having to explain myself. 
Annnnnnnnd now I feel like I'm rambling so I'll just stop here.
Glad I found this site, look forward to learning a lot from every one. 

Reading this thread: