Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

hey guys!

15 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Magin,

I also have GI symptoms with my anxiety, i get heartburn and also stomach pain from time to time. It isnt pleasant, but im working on reducing my anxiety to combat these. Im glad you had relief with effexor, perhaps its something for me to consider. Dealing with sadness (sometimes its sadness for no real reason) is often hard because you may not realise why you are so sad. I find that release of these emotions is the best thing, but also a positive attitude on the future is very important. Realise that although you may get very attached to potential girl friends and fall in love easily, this does not mean that you wont find the right person for you. I know lots of people who fall in love at the drop of a hat, and once they find that right person (this can take time) they are very happy together. You need to work on your fear of rejection however, as this will make you more confident in relationships and i think CBT is the right way to go for this.
 Depression is very common in todays society and im sure in time it will pass. The key is that you want to get better and you have made the steps to put in place the correct treatments. Try to embrace new or old hobbies (i found this great as you end up getting to know a lot of people) and take life at the pace you need to. Im sure you will find good companionship this way and possibly even meet the girl whos right for you. My only advice (im not perfect at relationships as i tend to get too involved too quickly) is to take things slowly but make your feelings known, think about the positives, if a girl doesnt want a relationship at this time, at least you have a good friend who will potentially have lots of other girlfriends who you can be introduced to. Also, concentrate on the good friends and family you have, you do not necessarily need to find a partner right away, it may be that as you overcome these issues and you are begining to love yourself and your life as it is, the right person just appears.

Take life one step at a time, recovery from anxiety and depression should be your major priority- and you can make a full recovery like many others before you have done. I too am sure that the Lord helps us in many ways we do not fully appreciate. What we endure makes us stronger, and being a happy, intelligent and loving person is what truly matters as we should measure our lifes accomplishment by how much love we have given and how much we have grown in wisdom.

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalms 30:5)

Im sure your morning is on the horizon.

Jamie
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Magin!

Welcome to the forums!
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Magin,

Welcome aboard!  This really is a great place, the people are great too.  For the record, men cry too.  Real men don't care what other men think, and simply do what they feel is right.  But this is a learned thing, so remember to shoot for the stars!

Look forward to seeing you around!

Cheers,
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Magin3,

Welcome to our support community.  It's great that you've made the decision to join us and use the resources that are available to you. Our members offer great support and advice as they have a lot of great experiences under their belt. When ready, please start working through the program. It will guide you through many different topics and offer you reflective assignments and worksheets.

It's absolutely normal to want acceptance and companionship. Remember that we are always here so please post often and remember that you are not alone.

Members, please help me welcome magin3.

All the best,

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

hey guys and gals, i'm a university student living with anxiety disorder... I wanted my heartburn problem fixed and after 10 years of treatment and zantac i was told it may be anxiety ( i have had 2 anxiety attacks during exams).
  I started taking effexor, and the heartburn left. As relieved as I was to see the heartburn go, i started feeling my emotions- sadness, and lots of it. I had to fight hard to let it out without the gagging taking over , the vomiting taking the place of crying (men dont cry after all, so i thought, right???). Now i am able to cry and let  my sadness out, though it is really painful. It's a sadness of fear of loneliness, this loneliness i've always felt that pushes me to graze and wander in the kitchen endlessly. But I am not lonely, i live with my bro and my sister-in-law. Yet i'd do anything for a kiss and hug before bed and in the morning like i used to with my mom and dad up until i moved out at the age of 19.

Needless to mention i dont have a girlfriend, and strong anxiety kicks in when i feel any sign of rejection, so i usually dont have enough time to build a strong relationship before giving up or, on the contrary, i'll get really attached to close girl friends and feel like i'm in love with her, making everything awkward and thus feeling rejected, giving up once again.

I trust in God, in Jesus the son, still consider myself to be a "young soldier" in the Salvation Army as a certificate i signed at the age of seven declares. I know he can help me, somehow, and am sure He does in his ways. He does bless me gratly i find, with the school the jobs and the family and friends I have.Yet, I still consider human relationships as the biggest relief i've felt through my hard times finding it difficult to entrust God with my life and future for I have plans of my own and am working hard to reach my goals.

Reading this thread: