Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

New and Glad I found this site!!

15 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa,

I'm not a religious man but if knowing that my thoughts and good wishes are with you right now in some small measure helps then please accept them in the spirit they are offered. I too have had to deal with multiple tragedy and it feels like it will never end, but it does and being on this site is a good and positive thing, remember that.

I cannot speak for anyone else but I feel certain we are all there for you.

Take care

New Jim
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Labsims,

First off I would like to say I am sorry for your losses and offer you my most sincere condoleances. I am sorry to hear you have been through so much. I think going to see the GP is a good idea. Peace of mind is important. I am glad to see you are up to the challenge of taking on the program here, it is Great! Welcome to the forums and please keep us posted!
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Labsims,

Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time and know that you are not alone in this.  Use your support lines and do post with us as a way to vent and let it all out.  Work with your doctor to come up with ways to heal these emotions.  Use the program to assist you in understanding your anxiety attack.

We are here to help, so make sure you take some grieving time and let us know how we can help.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My name is Lisa and my life has changed so drastically in the past few weeks that I feel like I am loosing my mind.  My mother had a stroke on October 16, 2009.  It was a massive stroke and it left her with severely damaged.  We were coping with this as a family and then suddenly on November 23, 2008 my sister got sick and died 2 days later.  That same day my grandmother passed away also.  One week later on December 2, 2008 my mother died as the result of pneumonia.  I do have four other siblings, however, they have major issues of their own, so the bulk of the responsibilty for arrangements and such fell to me.  I thought I was doing really good with it, but in the early morning hours of December 9, I suffered a severe anxiety attack.  I ended up going to the ER.  Was told it was anxiety and given a Rx for Lorazepam.  I haven't had another attack with the intensity of that one on the 9th, but I am afraid now.  Afraid that I am next, afraid of more attacks.  I don't take the full 1 mg Lorazepam at night, usually cut it in half, sometimes 1/4, and this helps.  I was starting to feel somewhat better and am learning to recognize the cycle and then on Sunday, Jan 11, 2009, my boyfriend's mother suffered a heart attack and is on life support.  They will probably remove that today.  So much death, I don't know how to handle it.  I am going to see my GP this afternoon.  I am not looking for medication, mostly some peace of mind as to my health.  I must say that my mother was 72, my grandmother 99, my BF mother 60 and my sister 43.  My sister had previous health problems and didn't do much to improve them, but the fact remains that I am having major problems with all this.  I am looking forward to working through the lessons and completing the homework in hopes that this anxiety will leave and I can feel relaxed and happy once again. And looking for friendship and support from people who can relate to how I feel.
Thank you.

Reading this thread: