Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

How did you cope with they system being down?

10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wasn't too worried about the site being down since I haven't been feeling well the past few days. I've started having gluten free bread now, but I'm not sure if it's helping or not. The test for Coeliac Disease came back negative, but since I'm slightly deficient in the main antibody used to diagnose Coeliac Disease, my doctor said there is still a chance I might have a slight gluten intolerance. So now I'm left wondering if I'm best to just leave things and see if they improve, cut out gluten entirely from my diet or go back to the four seed bread that I seemed to be fine with. I just can't shake the feeling that there's something wrong.

My fingers have swollen up again too, but worse than last time. It's only on my left hand, but whereas the first time it was mainly my index finger and my little finger was a bit swollen at the top, this time those two are the worst with red sores that weren't there before the swelling and the rest are slightly swollen and aching. I've started doing some things with my non-dominant right hand, such as brushing my teeth, since it's hard to close my hand.

These things have been playing on my mind for the past week. My psychiatrist also increased my Zoloft to 125mg last week.

Kaitie.
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to admit I did miss everyone..but while the site was down I did a lot of thinking about my life and how I want to spent the rest of it..I once had a psychiatrist give me some advice. He said  Do Not let the appointment book rule you.
You rule the appointment book..That was 39 years ago and now I am just beginning to understand what he meant..
So two day ago  I made some calls and canceled some appointments and freed myself up a bit..I had a nice day today, went for a early morning walk, stopped for a relaxing breakfast, came home and worked in the garden a bit and then later went out and bought myself a new book..I haven't read a scifi novel since high school and that was "The Time Machine" and the new one is titled "Sphere"...Copyright 1987...I am looking forward to this...I am looking forward to enjoying life now, not tomorrow  next week, next month, or next year but right now Today, this very moment..There is no time like the present to start living and that is my plan for now..This is What I want to do with my life and time now.

Red...
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is 8 pm and I'm not finished outside but close. Very busy so the site being down was just annoying.

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wondered how others dealt with not having the connection to the forums?

I've been declining, so it's hard to judge.  I had two weeks where I've been having a headache for the first week, and then I think my stomach was acting up. 

Last night, I emailed a comment to a journalist, and was thrilled that she responded!  It was easy to go to bed, and I wasn't upset...until I woke up grumpy again, as I usually do.

There's apparently a book called "Sometimes I wake up grumpy, and sometimes I let him sleep in" about the false expectations of marriage.  Maybe I should just accept more.

Reading this thread: