Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

How did you cope with they system being down?

10 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Davit. You always have time/ the right words when I need it. 
I have some camomile. But I think a 1/2 Xanax might help. Well good night. Will let you know how the night turned out. 
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Naa.

I would expect you to have some information overload and since you probably don't have herbal teas I would use the xanax if it was me. Is all the good food contributing to the anxiety. Any change can right now. Fix it when you get home, right now just enjoy as best as you can. And if it was me, I'd take what ever to get the most out of your time. My therapist would say there is time to fix it when you get home.

Just my opinion though. And remember, this too shall pass.

Davit
Hi Davit
It's been a little difficult today. Loads of negative thoughts and sensations. I feel quite overwhelmed right now. It's about 10:40pm. Trying to relax enough to sleep but my mind is racing all over the place. Any advice???
Hi Naa

You are doing it right. For every negative you can build a positive to access instead. Soon you will do it without conscious thought. I'm looking up Ghana. Keep having fun, it adds to the cure.

Davit
Hi Davit
It's cooler - high 70's - so not do much and the breeze is quite refreshing. I am enjoying seeing family and friends though I get the occasional sense of dread but I am learning to not react to it. Just keep it in the background. I have so much more work to do. 

Katie
Hope you are feeling better. Africa - Ghana - is amazing! It's a much slower pace and the food is wonderful. You'll have a great time if you decide to visit. 
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Ashley. I'm feeling better, I decided to stop having the gluten free bread but its helping Mum with her stomach troubles which is great. I'm having four seed now, you can only buy it at Woolworths and for some reason it's the only bread I can have! 
My fingers aren't as swollen but the red sores have gotten darker, more like a purple now. My left index finger swelled so much the skin on my knuckle cracked open. It's kind of funny when you think about it. ;)

Has your issue been resolved now Hugs?

Naa that sounds amazing, I've always wanted to go to Africa! What's it like? :)
Naa

I'm very glad to see you are doing well and I hope you are enjoying your holiday. Am I right and it is spring there. It is still hot here and there is thunder in the mountains. It is also quite windy so a storm may blow in. 

Davit
So I'm on vacation in Africa and have been doing well but I missed the site. Glad to see it back up. 
It has been easier than I expected. The panic/anxiety is hovering. But I am coping with large amounts of camomile tea and the occasional 1/2 Xanax. Hope everyone is doing well.

I am trying to do the box breathing but it still makes me panic a little. Any tips??
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eating later, watching more tv isn't helping, as a lot of things are stressing me...I'm grappling with a big issue, but should have it resolved soon.

There's this pressure too, as we drift into August, which means the end of summer, and then crazy September!
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great thread Hugs! Thanks for posting. I am sorry everyone had to experience the annoyance and disappointment of the support group being down. 

Hugs, I think a lot of people are grumpy in the morning...waking up is hard to do Exercise and sunlight in the morning can help. Any other ideas on how you can make your mornings a little less blah?

Red, your positivity is so inspiring! Very impressed by you lately....well actually most of the time! Those books sound really neat. Is the movie sphere based on the book? The movie was really interesting!

I'm sorry to hear you haven't  been feeling well Kaitie. It sounds like you are working hard trying to figure it all out though. I hope you are taking time to celebrate your hard work. Sometimes celebrating the effort us  much better then celebrating the outcome. Keep us updated on how you are doing with all this.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: