Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Im stuck on an anxious thought.

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
m33,
If it makes you feel any better, the ability to stick to one thought, once you harness that ability, will be a great skill in being persevering and staying focused
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
m33,

To help reduce your anxiety about the x-rays, try writing down the facts asking yourself whether they warrant the anxiety.  Alternatively, you may wish to consult with your doctor and discuss your situation, as your health care provider's input may  assuage your concerns. Finally, you could practice engaging in some relaxing activities when you feel anxiety coming on (drinking herbal tea, deep breathing, etc.)

Please let us know what you've tried and how it's working for you.

Sonia

12 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
as i posted before, most of the time we have anxious thoughts that often times trigger anxiety or panic attacks. how do i deal with  the same anxious thought that wont go away. this anxious thought is the one i have about my doctor telling me that i needed a follow up ex ray that was done on my lungs about 7 or 8 months ago, because they said that the ex ray were hazy. even know that im pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with me, i cant get the thought out of my head. how do i deal with this one thought that wont leave?

Reading this thread: