Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Lump in throat! HELP!

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Diva on your successes!
Laughter is definitely the best medicine!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday, got a little case of lumpthroat. Found myself lifting my head to make room. Then found myself wanting to laugh hysterically thinking about this thread. Lumpthraot was gone! Thanks for the chuckles guys. It nice to be able to laugh at this stuff!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:o)
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jhori82 you just make me giggle so much hahaha along with Miki .
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAHAHA!
That's true, that's true...

Miki:  maybe you don't need to unlearn it, just refine it.  It wouldn't be good if you went out the door with no pants on!  An extreme example, I know,  but really...maybe just decide what you think is important and check that?  Then write the rest on a piece of toilet paper, throw it in the toilet and flush it away.  Consider it a goodbye to the things that you don't want.
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys,
Interesting stuff, learned something new! Thanks.

I feel like, maybe I can forget about my throat but I have this automatic response that needs to check everything all the time. I need to unlearn this somehow. 
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Miki,

I have thyroid issues. Have had them for hmmm over twelve years now. I deal with it by having my thyroid hormones checked every 6 months to a year and taking apill every morning that my doctor prescribes. It really hasn't changed much in my life I must admit. One pill a day is al that changed. One tiny easy to swalow pill at that.
Plus finding out if youhave thyroid issues is super easy, done with a blood test. Simple. So really I assure you it is easy to deal with. Three of my friends have ot too (weird coincidence I know) and we all take our pill in the morning and go about our lives and if it was nothing because it really is no big deal.

In case you are interested: the thyroid gland is a gland that is like the boss of other glands and such in your body. So it helps control a bit of everything from you metabolism to you energy levels to you concentration to how dry your skin is! It does tons of stuff. You can get hyperthyroidism. That is when your thyroid gland produces too much well thyroid hormone (don't remember the name). I think Hyperthyroidism is the rarer of the two thyroid problems I know of. I am not sure what the treatment is but I am sure there is one. From what I gather Thyroid issues are easily treated. You can also have hypothyroidism, where you gland is lazy. Then you take a pill in the morning and voila!

Hope this helps!

Aha, yes!  I named a name for something that annoys us all...lol.  Think I should take this to the board of medical directors and have them officially change it to lumpthroat?  Then for anyone that asks, the term was coined by "that one panicky guy"... :-O

Miki:  from what I know about thyroids, it's exactly like Faryal said.  They act as a defensive mechanism towards infection.  It just means your body still loves you and wants to bear hug you...(but from the inside...if that makes any sense whatsoever).
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Miki,   It is possible that sometimes we imagine and feel a symptom because of hearing something related to it.  As many have already said, for the most part it will pass if it is related to the anxiety.   Also there are lymph nodes along the back of the head, ears and down the neck. Lymph nodes will swell up as a defense mechanism if your body is fighting an infection in that area. They will also swell with other illnesses such as thyroid problems. It was a good idea for you to get it checked out by your doctor.     Faryal, Health Educator

Reading this thread: