Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

My cat.

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,
Breanne is 100% right. I think you do soooo much for me more than any therapist has ever done! Thanks for that. I bet it is still hard for you but you are really going in the right track and it is very admirable from my view point. Thanks so much for being here. 
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, you've got the right attitude!

Congrats on selecting your classes, you must be getting excited for classes to start! You are going to do great! You are an excellent listener and extremely bright! Just ask all of the members, and if need be, re read all of the amazing, supportive, encouraging, enlightening and knowledgeable posts that you have written to others.
Stay strong and positive Diva, you are going to do great!!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I got up and ate a nice breakfast. Then I got dresed put some snazzy clothes on. I said hello to my kittys and went to say hello to Oscar. Held his urn a bit but then put it back down. Then I went out. Posted about it in the success column. Now am kinda pooped but happy with myself. I still miss him and am still grieving. I still cry for him sometimes. But I really think yesterday was a turning point for me.

Leaves will start falling for autumn soon. I might pick one up to put with his urn. My leaf hunter...I do miss him but I know it is ok to be ok. So, it seems I have dusted myself off. Time for me to do my own "leaf hunting" and learn from him.

I have chosen my classes for the fall and am starting next thrusday. Next tuesday I do need to make sure I have my schedule written down and that I am properly registered and everything. Sometimes I am scared of being in the field I am in. What if I don't listen well enough, what if I am no good. Then I remember to breathe and that I am still learning and I tell myself I will do ok.

I also start work off next week also. Spoke to my boss about what needs doing and such. Kinda nervous about doing work and school all at once. But I will take it one day at a time.

So off I go into a new adventure. Still feel kinda scared but I figure with all the suport I have I will manage!

Well that is me for now.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

You seem in better spirits today!  That is so great! Try to hang on to these positive feelings and you will get through this.

You would be great in counselling! Any progress on choosing classes for the fall yet?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Just wanted to say hello .

CD xx
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Diva,
I'm glad you are back on your feel. That is the spirit! I'm sure Oscar is running around too. 
Hugs to you.

Hiya Minnie, Hiya CD,

Thank you so much for your replies. Thank you for your support. It means the world to me!

Today I am hmm I don't know how to put it. I woke up and felt like: "Ok, this is the day I pick myself up and dust myself off." I know there will still be hard days ahead. I know there will still be grief and sadness. I know I will still mis him. But I also know that is is ok for me to be ok. That it is ok for me to let happiness into my life. I decided I was getting back up and starting to walk forward again. Up to now it felt like I was laying sad and broken in a dank, dirty ditch somewhere. Now I am still sad and fragile but I am up and standing on the road and hoping for some sunlight!

I am not honoring Oscar's memory one bit by being a sad sop! He was a mellow, happy go lucky, life-loving cat. Everyone loved him for it too. The vet's sent me a card for his passing. The vet people loved him, they often commented on how great and happy he was. I am sure that over the rainbow bridge he is still happy and making the best of every moment, hunting leaves and sleeping in sunrays.

So it is high time I decide to learn from him. I am still grieving and still sad and I still miss him And that is ok. But I will try and make the most of my days and that is ok too. So that is me today.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ya Diva  . Your sleep pattern will come back , i was like for a few weeks cept i didnt really even sleep in the day with my brood . Dont know how i managed just do i suppose .

I forgot you had some of Oscars fur , thats a thought as well . I agree it has to be 'the right one ' . You will know it when you see it .

Your course sounds very rewarding and full on , well done you and im sure you are going to do just fine . No better than fine .

I love having you as a friend too , and youv'e helped me so much as well so it goes both ways you know .

Take care CD xxx
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The locket and picture is a wonderful idea, that is very special, wonderful idea.
Hiya CD,

I like the locket idea too. I had not thought of ashes in the locket but I will keep that in mind. And not it does not upset me and I get the sentiment, I really do! I had thought of a picture like Breanne had said and I also have some of his fur that I clipped before he passed. Thought maybe fur. Not sure yet though, I wil see. First I need to find a locket that suits not only me but him also.

As for sleeping I slept fine except I did not sleep all night then slept al day...Not good. Slept from  6 am to 4 pm...I am in the pitts...Gonna get out though I will.

Thank you so much for your friendship and suport! It means tthe  world to me.

Reading this thread: