Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

I hate being sick...

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Sorry to hear you're still under the weather. If you're tolerating your bland diet, you may want to ask your doctor if you can begin slowly adding plain chicken or gelatin. Do ask first as this will be dependent on your diagnosis and current status :) Don't be too hard on yourself about work and keep taking good care of yourself! Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am still at home sick. I am also still stuck with taking pills and Maalox that the hospital doctor prescribed. I still have trouble with the eating bitSo I eat very small portions as often as I can. I am on a special diet where all I can eat till I feel better is white bread, white rice or white pasta (with nothing on it) and bananas. I am getting sick of that food but I don't feel like my stomach can handle much. BTW, if any of you know of really easy food to digest that I could try adding in a very small porting to my food list I would appreciate it, I am getting so sick of eating the four same things non-stop. I feel bad beause I am pretty much missing my whole wek at work. On top of it, I still feel nauseous, have tummy cramps and feel super tired and dizzy. At least the fever doesn't seem to want to come back and my throat is less swollen then yesterday. Cause oh yes! it seems I had managed to get a stomach/intestinal virus on top of a throat infection! Anyway, the good news is I am getting better, I sleep a lot and take it easy. I challenge my thoughts when they comme around to bug me and try to just relax so my body can heal. and that folks is the update! -Diva
Thank you Casey :) Yeah, I am taking Lorlee's advice and being kinder with myself. And yes I should believe the doctors they were very nice and took very good care of me. Thank you for your good wishes :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, Please don't let this experience set you back! You have been doing so well! Try to trust the doctor and believe in what they have advised you. Good for you for seeking medical assistance when you did. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself. We are thinking of you! Casey _____________________________ The PC Support Team
Thank you Lorlee, You often know just the right thing to tell me so I feel better. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me! Thank you so much :) And you are right this is not a setback I am just sick and I will be a little kinder to myself! thank you again! -Diva
16 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Diva, Really hope you are feeling better!!!! Honey you and I both know that even when we are feeling well the anxiety is hard to cope with nevermind when we are running a high fever, vomiting, etc. I am so glad you went to the hospital. You can get dehydrated quite quickly when you can't keep anything down. (I know this as I had the stomach flu 2 months ago and in 24 hours I was so dehydrated) As for feeling like this may be a set back I really would not think of it that way. You were sick and clearly not up to par. Be a little kinder to yourself. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :)
Not sure this is truely a setback. After writting here, if I don't feel better, I wil print some thought challenging forms and get at it. I am not at home atm. But am near a fine printer :P Last week was a huge week. I worked all week (5 day week) and I stayed late on some nights. But I wa really proud of myself for everything I had accomplished and for managing a 5 day week. Saturday I woke up feeling really tired and weepy. Not particularly anxious but felt weepy like crying and whining most of the day and didnt know why. Then on Sunday I woke up sick.That to me explained saturday. When my body is fighting off something i become really weepy and whiny. Always have.But I thought I was just tired till Sunday morning rolled around. Sunday was a real nightmare. Spent the whole day on the couch just battling a high fever not being able to eat and having trouble keeping down water. At first I didnt want to go to the hospital, I didn't want to be hysterical and just run to the horpital for a flu. I kept feeling guilty that I was so scared and not handling myself better. I had trouble breathing and my heart was racing so badly. I figured most of my symptoms were just panic attacks. I called my local healthline often and most of them advised me to clam down and wait and see if it gets worse. I gues they figured the panic had a major role in my symptoms too. Eventually tho, it was just too much. So i decided to go the the emergency room. I figured if it was just a panic attack the triage nurse would just send me home but at least I would know. My husband couldn't miss work the next day so my mom is the one who brought me to the hospital. So I saw the triage nurse and was admitted immediatly. At least I felt less guilty. It wasn't just me panicking for no reason. There actually was soething wrong with me. So I just spent the night in the hospital being rehydrated etc... The doctor thinks it was an infection in my throat that migrated to my stomach and intestines...Heance the dehydration...I wont give you more details, it would just be gross. Anyway, they kept me all night and were very nice to me and they knew I was anxious so they took time to reassure me and answer my questions. I had to miss work today, I have been ordered to rest. Although, I dont feel up to

Reading this thread: