Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Dr. appointments

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sunny
I started out with a green house actually just to start plants and then got in to melons and other tender things. It is not that we have a short season but that I am in the mountains. In the spring when there is still snow on them a wind can bring this cold down across the valley and kill the garden. Some years it gets the tree blossoms. It just seemed natural to fill in the spaces with herbs, tomatoes and cucumbers. I can only eat so many melons. My garden is too big, my potato patch alone would make a good garden. But I do like a garden. I think though I will make more of it ornamental.
When I make crab apple jelly I use some of it for a base for mint jelly. The first time I made crab apple jelly I cored all the apples not knowing that that is where most of the pectin is.
My early apple tree is ready, nothing else.
I think I have carrots, not sure, It was first weeded so the weeds got a chance to come back.
Onions are doing real good as are the greens. squash are poor. Not much light coming through all the smoke here.
It is not age getting to me, it is all the mileage. Getting harder to do things. I'm still doing though. Just like treating anxiety hey. Just never give up.

Nothing is worth any thing unless you can share it.
Here for everyone. Here with everyone.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit:  It's a mutual admiration society here - I think you are pretty awesome with all you've been through and the info. you kindly share with all of us.  I can see you teaching this, no prob. 
Like your greenhouse.  Do you have to grow your veggies in there because of short growing season?  I'm afraid my veggies aren't doing very well, I've neglected them.  just couldn't do everything.  Still have lots to eat, just not as pretty.
The Canada Geese are flying around and honking already.  The little guys are exercising their wings I guess and learning to fly formation.  They don't really leave until Nov. but those honking sounds are a time signal for me.  Making crab apple jelly this wk. as soon as the grandchildren come back on Monday.  One of them will be happy to help.

thanks Cleo. 

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  Hi Sunny....I hear you on the Dr. and BP readings...I've been holding off for my app't...avoidance I guess. Oh well. As for migraines in eyes...I was thinking that since a migraine is constriction/dilation of a blood vessel...why not in the eye? But it sounds very unpleasant!  Hopefully in Oct. all will be well with you.
Thinking of you,
Cleo
thanks everyone for all your support.  I have to say though, these laser appts. are a piece of cake, they don't bother me.  It's the blood pressure appts. which bother me as I know they skyrocket over 200 when I have to go for that. 

The thing which bothered me about the eyes was the looooong waiting period with the pain of keratitis and all the different eye drops for the glaucoma I had to try while waiting to which I was allergic (the preservatives) and when I needed help the doctors were on holidays.  But yes, at long last the 4th and last laser will be in Oct.

And by the way, did you know you can get migraines in the eyes?  I never knew that, thought it was just the head area.  Apparently, I was also having migraines in the eyes because of the pressures, etc. 
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny,
Everyone has already said it...but here I go anyhow..good for you!  I hope it all works out well for you. I know it will!
Cleo
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny123,

Thanks for the update on your exposure with surgeries and doctors. I am glad to hear that this one went well. The end is near, hopefully October will arrive before you know it!  

Have you used an exposure plan for your doctor's appointments and surgeries? How has it helped you?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny

Congratulation. You make it sound so easy. And you are still my hero, the only one I have ever had. If you can do It so can I.

Your friend 
Davit
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,
Thanks for the update and Congratulations on making it through this exposure with your Doctors appointments and Surgeries and all the waiting. I know it has been very hard at times and you will be glad when it is all over. I will be here cheering you on for your up coming and last surgery in October.   My prayers are with you.

Red
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,

I am extremely impressed with you!  You are my new hero.  No pressure meant by that last statement :)  Looks like I need to knit a super man cape for you too, along with Davit's :)  Great job - really.

Reading this thread: