Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Exposure goals stress.

10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Exposure for this week was up and down. 

Up side a little less anxiety when I went to the cafe with my sister. Although still felt really stressed. 
I went to the toy shop today on a spare of the moment thing just really to drive with my sister as she had to buy a present. And really wanted me to go with her. 

So I did at 9 am it was one scary car drive followed by going into the toy shop and just feeling scared and panicky. But she got the present and I got a new bag. And once again lost my words at the counter. At least it was too early for people to be in the shop. I guess. 

Hope all your exposure going alright.
Take care.
Molly.
Hi Red1

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and a fantastic new year too!

Take care 

Molly
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Molly..doing ok..
Wishing you a nice Christmas and great New Year too.

Take care...

Red..
Hi Davit

Thanks, how are you? 

Hugs4u

I meant the diary thing where you record how things went. I was just wondering if you could view them. (((hugs))) How are you? Are you looking forwards to Christmas? I was having a stressful week with one thing and the other so am only now catching up. 

Hi Ashley 

Thanks I shall give that a go. 

Hi Red1

You did well going through. 

I know its stressful I find I can't think in place with lots of people and noise. I have many days when its more steps backwards then forwards I think sometimes. I find playing a podcast helps a little it at least give me one voice to try block the other noises out. 

How are you? 

If I don't get a chance to return until after Christmas, I hope you all have a lovely one and a great new year. 

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Molly..
Not to sure about the Diary results or where to find them. I don't know if this helps any but I have lots of days where the noise and everything still gets to me too. Like Hugs mentioned I am having one of those days today too. I was at a noisy store and had to go back to talk to a eye doctor again twice this afternoon and it was just to much for me today. Even though I have been doing Cbt for a long time it still seems like some days I take One Step forward and 10 back..

Red,,

10 years ago 0 11221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Molly,

One in the My Diary click on Diary Results and then select the month you would like to view. Once the graph displays you can select the link that says, "Your Notes and Medication Usage" that is above the graph if you would like to see your notes.

Hope this helps!

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Molly
Which diary are you referring to?  I would have asked earlier, but it's one of those days that I'm more "Dr Jekly" than Mr Hyde.

Sometimes it sucks to be me.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Molly

It is a common CBT technique, there are a lot of things that you can do that will allow you to do the things you want to do.
Hi 
I was woundering is there a way to view your diary frourms that you fill out? 

I started exposing my self with the steps to the cafe.. I had started working my way to it just before I joined. But today other people were there and the noise set my anxiety off. Then I tried the shop next door not been to one in 5 years and wanted to by my mum a snow tree thing that was outside. It was not great and very stressful with anxous thought and feelings and forgetting my words so my sister had to ask how much it was for me. Mum loved the little snow tree through. 

I just feel stressed... But something that help was hugs4u thing about the switch when I was thinking anxous thoughts I really tried it and it did help a little. 

Hope you're all well 

Take care.

Reading this thread: