Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Medication...

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Diva! Despite your bad day you seem to be in good spirits.
Get some rest! Tomorrow is a brand new day

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol CD,

No worries about making things worse! I am glad to have your perspective on this! My aunt opnce had a reverse reaction on an anxiety pill! I still take my anxiety pills when I need them lol. They gave her a valium and she went up the walls. Not panicked but completely awake and energetic and she wanted to go running and such lol! Considering it was given to her so she would relax enough to sleep it was counterproductive to say the least hahahaha!

Anyway, I think I am afraid of the new pill thing but I can get over it. I have before. I think another part that is stopping me is just not being sure I want to go down that road. I know I need sleep and sleep at regular hours. I know that. I guess I just wish I had managed to fix this without pills. I know the pills are just for alittle while to help. I know the doc prescribed them becuase she is worried I will go into total meltdown mode if I don't get proper rest. That worries me too. I feel so sad and tired all the time and so out of it and unmotivated. I have felt like that till April. She figures if I get some sleep I am less likely to go into some kind of depression or other. Think I might already be there though but not ready to go into antidepressant as I am allergic SSRIs and as such am left with older molecules which give much more side effects... I am thinking if I sleep better for a month or two though I would have the ressources needed to get out of my funk! Anyway, hmm, atm am having such a bad day, it is making asll my thought processes fuzzy and I just don't know what to think anymore. Heance the long rambling posts.

Thank you for your perspective and I wish you a great nights sleep in the arms of Morpheus (The Greek God of Dreams and Slumber, not the guys from the Matrix lol, well unless you prefer the matrix guy lol!).  Btw, that is an old expression my grandma used to use. It sounds better in my language lol!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva i should have worded better what i wrote , ssssssshek im a duffer sometimes ! Ok i didnt actually freak when i first started taking them . Had one here and there , not many at all .

But one night i took one when i was feeling highly anxious and was afraid of having a PA , um looking back wrong thing to do or what ???? I survived the night ok though lol .

Flaming heck , am i just making things worse here Diva ? Its not coming out right at all . Been a longgg day and nearly 11pm here  . Gizza tablet i should have been asleep hours ago after only two hours kip again last night lol .
Hi guys and thank you for the reply.

I am still doubtful about the sleeping meds. I hate new meds they scare me. But they would help me take less of the other meds. On top of it, I think sleeping is a must, I am exhausted. I need to get back on a proper cycle for sleeping! So tired...But still I hate new meds, I hate adding meds to the one I have...Plus, well hearing CD freaked on them is not reassuring lol (But thanks for the honesty though! !) But I spoke to people who know me, and to my doc, and they all seem to think proper sleep would help me back on track. Plus the sleeping pills would only be for a short period of time. I guess I still need to figure this out lol. Thanks for helping me along in my reflexions on the subject.
Well im glad you asked that Joe cos ive seen it so many times and tried to work it out lol .

Diva , HAH . And that hah was meant for me not you lol . Ok taking new meds , can you remember me a few months ago ??? How long it took me to take my med after having the reaction to the other one . I wish i had taken them earlier as well because im sure they are really helping now . Ok i waited till my MIL was saying with us before i popped that baby . My theory was if something happens at least i have someone to watch the kids haaaa . Ok i was up nearly all that night thinking this and that was happening . But each night it got easier .

Sleeping pills , well was prescribed some two years ago and whoahhhhhhhhhh , nearly freaked me right out when i took one . Yes they got me too sleep but that wasnt my problem keep waking up was and i still did that . So if you need them to get off then cool , it might just be what you need  for now .
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for clarifying, Sarah.  You just gave my brain a new wrinkle!
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Great advice jhori!

PRN stands for Pro Re Nata or "as needed."

Do other members have some suggestions for Diva about starting new medication? Diva, please let us know how you are doing with the new meds and what tips have worked for you.     Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you're doing good with the meds.  What's PRN?

Sleeping medication sounds really good, if nothing else to help get you on a schedule.  If you don't want to try it, there are other methods.  For instance running or working out, or reading a book an hour before you want to sleep, watching T.V., something to play with.  I've found the more I get on a schedule of sleeping at a certain time, the more likely I'll get tired at that time. And I had severe insomnia problems before and this still rings true to me.  Though of course, with each person a new option is added: their experience on the subject.

For taking the new meds, of course the hubster is you're first line of defense.  As an added line, write down reasons why you're fighting the good fight, reason to make you smile, all the things that help you power on.  Write them on strips of paper, fold them up and put them in a jar.  Do this everyday, be sure to add new things you think of!  Whenever you feel overstressed, pull a piece out of the jar and read it...remember that is just one reason to keep fighting.  Ooo, writing on the jar something like, "things worth fighting for" could help too.  Just an idea though, feel free to add on.

Went to the doctors today.

My meds were shuffled a bit. I still have my anxiety meds. My doctor said my use of it was fine and that I did not abuse my meds and that I am not building tolerance and do not seem addicted. She says she thinks I am better to keep it PRN for now but she did reduce my dose as shenoticed I did not need that much lol. I guess I will jut ask my hubby to keep an eye out for me on this issue! See how it goes but for now I keep my anxiety meds PRN and trust myself not to abuse them.

She also gave me some sleeping medication. I have trouble sleeping. Once I am asleep all is well but falling asleep is just so tough. So she gave me some new pills. I do not know what to think about it. It is just for a short period though. It is just that I am so exhausted all the time lately and feeling sad and she wants me to sleep so I can feel better. I do not know what to think. The idea of sleeping well is very tempting though...What do you guys think?

Anyway, I will see her again in two months and we will see.

P.S: I must admit I feel a bit chicken about starting new meds...I have had allergic reactions to meds before, more then once, I get so nervous taking new pills...Guys have any tips to manage to get that first pill down lol? It has been a while since I have had to face this issue and am rusty lol!
Hi there CM , thats what im on now although they call it sertaline in my country . I am beginning to feel the benefits i think at last  .

Reading this thread: