Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Consequences of Stress

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peace, No problem! I'm glad it helps! You should also know that many feel as you do when it comes to having their quit validated. Our members and health educators on the other hand, very happy to see you kicking the ND' to the curb! Keep it up! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Thank you so much Danielle for your words of support ! I'm really not getting much validation with my quit.. people just don't believe that I will succeed so when a Health Educator such as yourself, or a member here backs my strategies.. whether it be with not smoking or dealing/coping with stress etc it means the world to me ! Peace[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $522.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Members, Thank you for sharing your experiences with stress. This is just the beginning on a series of posts on the subject so keep checking on Thursday & Sunday for more. We will be talking about how to cope with stress, putting together a stress plan and workplace stress. Peace, You have done a fantastic job reducing your stress levels! You may find as time goes on you may have more energy as smoking is no longer eating away at your energy reserves. Your IBS may also improve as smoking does greatly influence how fast your gastrointestinal tract moves. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]I have been dealing with high stress now for close to 6 years. I have to face my stress dead on pretty much on a daily basis and as a result I have acute IBS, suffered from major headaches (sometimes migraines) and overall extreme fatigue. I THOUGHT smoking was my way of having a little down time to relax with a my 'friend'. With this quit - my last btw ! I decided to change my way of thinking, my reactions to stress, my attitude towards what I can change and what I can't change and so on. Many of my friends and family did not believe that I could quit, let alone get this far because of my 24/7 stresses.. BUT I am doing it because I DID re learn the above and change many of the negative ways I was dealing with stress. No my IBS is about 50% better. I have had only one headache during my quit - wasn't stress at all, turned out to be the nasal cavities were filled with mucous collected from the crap in the cig's. I am taking Vitamin B100 complex which has virtually given me a boost of energy, calmed me down and a number of other things. But the biggest factor to wellness is getting lots more rest whether it be napping during the day or getting to bed super early and getting lots of night time sleep to help me heal from the effects of smoking. All in all my new lifestyle towards stressful situations and not smoking has bettered my life in so many wonderful and positive ways :) Couldn't be happier ! Peace [/color] :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $522.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Personally, I've had to take on the mantra that "If it' weren't this, there would be something else." Life ain't stress-free, and since there will always be stressors, I can only control how I react to them. I'm on day 18 here, and I quit at the end of my college semester (during final projects, reviews, and exams), and the end of my first year of teaching (where my kids are driving me insane!). It would have been too much for me in the past, but for some reason, this time, it's easier. Who'd have thought? But I think it is because I've changed my thinking around regarding stress, and my life is so much easier for it. HG [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well now I am a prime example of stress. I think it has a lot to do with menopause too. It seems in the last 2 years my stress level has gone through the roof. I have been confronting my stress for the last 2 months and I have gotten it pretty much under control. Without controling my stress I would have never attempted to quit smoking right now. One of my major helps for stress is letting go of the little things I can not change. I am learning to deal with things as they come one at a time and not bunch everything together. If you look to closely to the big picture your going to majorly stress. Take on one thing at a time. And learn to enjoy each moment as it is. Don't read into things that are not there. And most of all do not ever say WHAT IF!!!! You are creating stress. Ok I'm done. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Members, We�ve talked about anger, stress and disputes. We will now be discussing specific stress management strategies in a variety of settings & contexts. Learning stress management skills is part of having a healthy lifestyle. It is just as important as learning how to eat well. Exposure to stress over long periods of time has been linked to the development of: � Frequent headaches � Upset stomach � Diarrhea or constipation � Lowered immune system � Disturbed sleeping patterns � High blood sugar � High blood pressure � Increased cholesterol Does this sound familiar to anyone? How do you feel or know when your stressed? How did smoking come into play here? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: