Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

2008 - A new Beginning

16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Genevieve, Thanks for the bump! Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey DL, Glad it helps! Preparing will help you a great deal. Read as much as you can and do the program here, it will all help you get ready! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,281.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Lainey... I read what you wrote here everytime I get into negative thinking about the impending 17th Jan!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-67.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -89292
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,440.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks Lainey, you just made me realize that this will be the first year for me as a non-smoker in a long long time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 250 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $875.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to your journey new non smokers! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 533 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9,993.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankyou for this Ayla [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy New Year and Welcome to the SSC! A New Year is all about new beginnings, a fresh start, a chance to begin again, and try to improve our lives, in many capacities. So you want to quit smoking? Congratulations on the best decision you will make for your life. You have found the best internet site available for support of that decision. Take some time to look around and go through the site and the workbook program here. It has a wealth of interesting information. Read, read, read, all you can, old posts, new posts! There is a ton of very helpful information here that will help you understand what you will go through, how you will feel, different stages and useful tips and ideas from all of us who have gone before you. Quitting smoking is a journey through yourself, as you learn what triggers you to smoke, what causes the cravings and what tools to use to combat them and arrest them for good. Realize that you are addicted! Tobacco companies have made sure that the nicotine (plus the other 400+ drugs in them) will make you addicted as fast as it can, and keep you there for as long as it can! Until you change it! So come to this journey with an open mind, come with all your determination, come with committment, come with the most positive attitude you can muster, come get your life back from the drug that has been killing you! Come in and close the door to smoking behind you, and never look back! You can do this, we know because we have! So, to start you will need lots of cold water, hard candies, gum, straws or stir stix, licorice, or carrot sticks,etc., and a list of ideas to keep you very busy and occupied for a few days! Start reading, you are on your way to a brand new life! There is a wonderful freedom awaiting you! Come and get it! We are here to help you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,186.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: