Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Day 3 update

18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 3 update Yvonne.....WRONG POST SORRY
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's pre-dinner day 3 and I am really hanging just by a thread. I would love to have a smoke right now but I'm here posting instead of puffing. I will start cooking soon and that will also help. I find my concentration is very disturbed and I wander around the house instead of going out to smoke. I will make it through tonight but only with the help and support of this site. Thank you all for your help....Whewwwwww....Big Breath....Much better now!!!!!!!
18 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yvonne great attitude!! Just look at it by the hour.. Don't let it appear bigger that it really is.. You can do it!! I find if I find something to do when the craving hits that i can not possible do w. a cig in my hand.. like the dishes, the clothes, play basket ball w. the kids, a nap!! I quit the patch 3 or 4 days ago and I am using nic gum when i have to have it.. I would like to just give that up too. It has not been a piece of cake, but it is easier than i ever believed.. I really thought i would go MAD!!! I am a little angry at the world.. post, post, post... read mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yvonne; I am in day three as well yesterday was hell, this morning was hard but made it through, its true just take hour to hour at this point, tomorror back to work so i will be busy , this was my first smoke free weekend so it was a challenge to try to keep on finding things to do that i normally wouldnt have a cig after, keep on going take deep breaths each time a wave comes in i find that really helps and good luck and see you on day 4
  • Quit Meter

$363,672.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6530 Hours: 1

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try to incorporate new healthy habits in your life that will replace the time you spent doing your unhealthy habit - smoking. Think of things that you would like to do. When you were a smoker, you 'thought' you enjoyed 'havin a smoke'. It became a reward. 'Havin a smoke' was reward time for you. Do you like to draw? When you think of having a smoke ... go fill that time with drawing. Do you like to exercise? When you think of having a smoke ... go fill that time with exercising. Do you like playing video games? When you think of having a smoke ... go fill that time playing a video game. By doing this you are giving your brain the reward it is seeking ... only now you are giving your brain a healthy reward instead of 'death disguised as a reward'. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$54,550.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 10

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yvonne, Instead of wandering around the house, you need to find something to replace your old habit with a new one. Keep persevering! Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Yvonne, It it 2 1/2 days for me. I am going in waves of going crazy. The crazy urge is always there but stronger at times like every other 15 min!lol. I do deep breathing and self talk and know that I will be very happy and proud of myself if I stick to it this time. I know how every time I light up and think I have to quit this is killing me, I feel awful, I dont want to die young, it not fair to my children to see me die like that. I envision myself as a none smoker, physically fit, and spunky. I get tired of taking a shower before my doctors appointments so I dont reak like an ash tray. I did not smoke in my house so right now I cant seem to go out on my patio and enjoy the birds because it too hard right now. So I push myself to take walks, very fast walks. Right now I am not working, I am going to school to become a nurse (my other motovation, I have to practice what I preace). My kids ride their bike so I can walk fast (6yrs, and 10 yrs). I explain to my 10yrs old that smoking was the worst choice I could have ever made and I let him know how I feel when I smoke. They have also seen me try to quit about 4 times which I make it about 3 week and cave in so I think their attitude is "what ever"! I told a good friend of mine yesterday that I had good news, "I am quitting smoking" and told her for how long and ask for her encourgement (she has never smoked). Her reply was, "thats great, so what is the good news are you pregnant"? I felt how in my struggle, that people really dont understand what a huge hurdle in this is, so I vented by crying a little and realized that as lone as I am proud of myself and find the courage and strength within myself, which I believe we all have if we just search deep enough, anthing is possible as well as this wonderful website. Hang in there dont cave in, find something'S you really enjoy, you can do this if you have to, only take 15 mins at a time and the next you know the day will pass. Chew on crushed ice, or freeze some juice and crush it up and chew on that. Drink plenty of fluids and dont forget to breath deeply. Cut up straws and chew on them. God Bless Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23 [B]Amount Saved:[/B]
  • Quit Meter

$166,379.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6014 Hours: 2

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm proud of you, Julie. I think, though, that you need to make that list of why you're quitting. Other people's approval is probably below your health, finances and general well-being. So put that first and feel good about how you're doing instead of getting bummed out that people aren't giving you credit! They probably don't want to get their hopes up. Maybe find one person who helps, crow to that person about your successes, and make a point of showing those other people up at a month, then 60 days. Then 90. Then 100, a year, and forever! But right now, you just need to be planning how to get through your next craving. Don't stress about what they think. Just quit smoking. Good luck!! quitter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,951 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: