Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

Time Machine

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How does one make time out of an insanely time restricted life? I'm a single mom, working two jobs, no energy. I would like to join the gym and love working out but it would be a waste. I only have a 1/2 for lunch so I couldn't even get there in time. Nights are reserved for my son and second job. I love to snowboard so every saturday and sunday I'm out on Mt which makes me so happy! I really can't figure out how to change my world. Its so routine and centered around a 60 hour work week. My dream life is to get out on my snowboard every morning, then go to work for 4 hours, then pick my son up immediatly after school instead of sending him to the after school program. Then I would do cool things with him like the library or gym to go swimming or take him to his games. Then go home and take my time cooking a real dinner, not something rushed cause we're both starving. Something interesting that takes effort. Then sit back and read or draw then watch ER and cry (cause that show always makes me cry). That life would make me happy I think. I have no idea how to reach that. Its just unrealistic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$227,335.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4960 Hours: 1

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Janeathena Wow I am really impressed with your journey here...The fact that you have the courage to take up this quest is very inspiring to me. Your son is very lucky indeed to have you in his life. I do understand the way the world makes us feel like there is no time for anything that really matters (snowboarding with your boy for example)...Old John Lennon once wrote a very appropriate lyric when he penned "As soon as your born they make you feel small, by giving you no time instead of it all"...The world sure does feel like that to me as well and I don't have half the responsibility that you do... I think what is really going to be good for you through this quit is when you realize the extra lung capacity you will have and increased oxygen supply that will allow you to have even more joyful times with your son... Stay well and strong nonic
imallclear I knew I liked you...You always understand what I am trying to say... Get on that time machine and make it happen...You have really come along way, I hope that you are holding up well... nonic
What a wonderful opportunity we all have in front of us. Have you ever wished that in some past dealing you had thought a different thought or spoken a different word or maybe just danced a little more slowly? I have, many times. I always did dance to fast. The ability to look forward and backward in time is rather unique. The eternal now is the place from which we peer backward in time and use our immaginations (another really unusual gift) to plan future outcomes and scenarios. I like my little eternal now space a great deal, its rather comfortable and friendly and there are lots of bits and pieces to play around with. But being a human, I have a tendency to get out my spyglass and peer longingly down times back to a different place in some past life of mine. But sadly, no matter how hard I try, I can only see the past, I can never in that time, think a different thought, speak a different word, or even dance a bit more slowly. In short that which has gone before, can never be changed by me in my little eternal now machine. The reason for that probably has something to do with the fact that if I could alter things in the past, then my eternal now machine from which I am changing things around would also be altered and then I would never know that I had changed anything...because I had altered who I am now... The great news for all of us who stay true to this rather difficult quest is that we actually can change past events and not only alter our eternal now machines, but make them much, much better. The next time you are tempted to have a cigarette, remember that you are throwing away the opportunity to change the past by cleaning up the damage that past encounters with cigarettes have done. By working out an exercise program in order to defeat the addiction, you are altering the past by making your eternal now machine function better (here and now and in the future)...In short you are not doomed to the mistake we all made when we took our first bit of the weed...If you really take that in, you will know how precious this opportunity is...Maybe I can even learn how to dance real slow... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 933 [B]Amount Saved:[/B
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The time we don't have isn't always in reality, but our perception. Much of the time we "don't" have is in our head and how we think. To slow down... it's not necessarily a physical thing... it's a mental thing as well. In fact, the mental part is what makes us grow. If we have time issues, stay in the present... focus on what is in front of us at that very moment, and it will be fine. It's not about quantity, but quality. If we keep our minds in the present and not behind or in front of us, we can better use the time we have and live a more fulfilling life, no matter what our present situation may be. I'm not always happy with my present... and can tend to look back with all the "what ifs", or forward with "what next". It does no good to think that way. It's destructive - and keeps us from ever living in the present. Do what we can presently to be happier with our past in the future and go just live! Stay in the moment... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We're making our past in our actions today. I like it. It's empowering. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nonic, Thank you for such a wonderful post! Members please share what you are doing in addition to your quit to make your future look brighter? Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: