Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,783 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI

Time Money... Health

16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Cloud One thing you can do is drink plenty and I mean plenty of water...drink it until you can drink no more and then drink more...I will cut the craves...I used to keep a case of bottled water with me in the back seat of the car (I travel all day long)...There was never a time in the early part of the quit that I did not have a bottle in my hand...I still do this, less for the craves and more because I just think its good for me...Deep breathing is key as well...Another thing I always did was to have a stop watch with me, that way when I started to crave I could tell how long the feeling was with me...In most cases a crave lasts no more than 5 minutes...It will take less time as you become better at distraction and deep breathing...Stay well and strong...This is a tough fight, but the reward is well worth the effort... Stay well and strong nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,463.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Cloud, Some old posts I found for you under Coping With Craves. Hope they find you. Stay quit, no smoking, get busy, do something, don't dwell, no smoking. That is the only way you quit, smoking is not allowed and you know as Kiwi said you can get it done. Just say I can do this. Good luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 546 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,828 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,003.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 99 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sticken, Good looking stats you got there, i Spose you already know that a typical smoker spends around $100,000 on cigarettes in their lifetime ! i guess this couple are going for broke ! & i'm not laughing cos the money thing is never enough to make anyone quit. Blue, my tip for you is to keep your quit as the most important thing in your life. It's not a matter of thinking 'i think i will make' you will do whatever you have to do to Stay quit... i don't know your quit method but i say make it happen. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 932 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,058.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 133 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$12,692.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 634 Hours: 23

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
with 554 days behind you I say you are stickin to it. I agree cigarettes are a waste. I am fighting (some times minute by minute) to get through this quit. I know it is the best thing I can do for me. I am trying to work the program and keep my quit as the most important thing on the agenda.I think I will make it. Any tricks to the quit you could pass along? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cigarette smoking is a waste of time, money and a waster of health. What does one smoke cost thirty, or forty cents? I know of a couple who both smoke three packs a day, together they spend $900 US per month, lot of money. The success of the quit is fulfilling so prolong it FOREVER. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 545 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,997.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 99 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: