Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Oh my gosh!

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my gosh I think i want to chew on nails. I am starting to get really edgy. This is day 2 of my quit date with the first day not being as succesfull as i would of hoped for. I started the day with 1 in the morning and had a total of 6 the rest of the day and ending the last at 6 p.m. it is now 9 p.m. the next day and today I looked for butts in trays outside maybe making a total of 1 for the day. I felt really pathetic and desperate doing this but did it anyway, but i refused to go buy some. I really want to quit and do not want this to defeat me, but i am worried. No one in my family smokes and I have grandchildren that are young and I am not proud of what they see.Well I am going to end my husband said do not make it long people want want to read it have so much to say though. Anyway has anyone tried to quit cold turkey if so help! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
darn Put the patch on for 10 days.. did not like it.. I have been chewing the nic gum (about 6 a day) for 2 days.. OI has been okay, not easy but okay.. Just look at it as one day at i time or wait 5 min. before you do anything to fix your craving.. Every day has gotten easier for me.. I have never quit for more than 6 days.. Ususally I TRIED TO QUIT w/ cigs in hand.. it did not work that way for me... good luck keep reading and posting mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I QUIT COLD TURKEY!!! I have not had ONE PUFF since I quit! You can do this! Take deep breaths and fully commit to not making any cigarette purchases! This is HUGE! Get rid of the ash trays! What are you doing keeping old butts around? Don't defeat yourself before you even start! GET RID OF IT AND KNOW THAT IT CAN BE DONE AND YOU CAN DO IT!!! T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$15,158.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 372 Hours: 9

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site darn!, I would add something, but I think Cobenfan, Islandgirl and AlleyAnn said it all and said it well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$54,549.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 8

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started on the nic patch. I wore it for 3 days and did not like the side affects or being still addicted to a poison, so I removed the patch. The real significant withdrawals are not those that your body experiences, but your mind. Remember, mind over matter. Do not smoke because you have decided not to and because it is not good for you. Remember you are making a choice. Be happy with that choice. Mira :) (Formerly Known as SmokingSux) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 359 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$45,003.42

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5162 Hours: 12

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Darn, I'm a cold turkey quitter. I know how you are feeling but its all mind over mannor. You must take control of yourself and of this addiction. Don't look at the long term look at it 5 minutes at a time. Try to stay away from your trigger points. For me that was not going out in my back yard for a couple of weeks. I to looked for those butts but I got rid of EVERYTHING so I found NOTHING. The first couple of weeks I also slept A LOT. When I felt like I couldn't deal with it anymore. I handed the baby to the hubby and told him UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES PLEASE DO NOT WAKE ME. That was my saving grace that got me threw the fist week and most of the second week. If you truely desire to Not Smoke more than you desire to smoke you will make this. Set some goals. Think of some rewards even small ones. Your brain needs to be rewarded like it use to get rewarded with nicoteen. Go run an nice warm bath with some soothing bath beeds. Sit and relax and tell yourself that this is your first reward for making it threw your first smoke free day. My favorite weekley reward is getting a bouquet of flowers every week to sit on my table. It's less than a pack of cig's and they smell so good. Good luck to you and post offten. We are always here for you. P.S. You can make your post's as long as you need to. We will always read and be here for you. Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $248.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you are serious about quitting, get rid of ALL ashtrays, cigarettes, lighters, old butts, etc. Work your Quit Program Tools at the left here and prepare for this quit. Take your time preparing as you need coping mechanisms to get you through this very rough time. The SSC is a very supportive quit family - but remember our mantra - N.O.P.E. NOT ONE PUFF EVER! Stay strong. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome darn! You have got a lot of good advice from the other members. I am a "Cold Turkey" quitter and I understand what a hard time you have, I smoked for over 35 years but today I celebrate 100 days of not smoking. To quit smoking is not easy - but you will succeed if you really want to. The will to quit needs to come from you and it has to be stronger than the whish to smoke. Don't let the thought of smoking get to you - throw away the thought as soon as you get it - take deep breaths and you will see that the craving will past. Think positive thoughts when you get the cravings; feel how all the chemicals and nicotine is leaving your body! As someone on this forum wrote a while ago: Embrase the cravings instead of fighting them. Keep strong! Carina [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Darn - Don't ever think that people here don't want to listen to what you have to say. We are here for you and want you to be able to vent, suggest, inform, whatever! You can type and type and type if it makes you feel better. Like Cobefan said - it's time to get rid of the ashtrays, butts, lighters and packs of cigs laying around the house. The temptation won't be so strong if you don't see those things. Keep busy. Just think of how proud your family will be when you can say with pride - I am a non-smoker! Be strong and think positive thoughts! Negativity will only bring you down and let that junkie nicdemon in to whisper in your brain. Don't listen to him. I went on Wellbutrin to begin my quit - went off of it after two weeks and did cold turkey for another month or so. I have just gone back on Wellbutrin - for many reasons. There are many people here that have been very succesful with going cold turkey. Check around the different posts - and I'm sure that someone will post to this thread that has. Stay Strong! You can do this! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,009 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$1,704,675.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5865 Hours: 15

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Darn! I used the patches so cannot help on c/t quitting but you have to be 100% determined to resist the craves no matter what method you use. Take pleasure (well as much as you can do) at getting through each and every tough moment. Come here, we don't mind long posts, ranting, raving etc. so long as you don't smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: