Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

coming up to a milestone...increased smoking thoughts

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
amen to that Jan..thanks. And, you have over 100 days now..coming up on 4 months free. That is so wonderful.

new me

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/26/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 363
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,075
Amount Saved: $2,268.75
Life Gained:
Days: 50 Hrs: 13 Mins: 38 Seconds: 38

16 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
New Me,  what a great way to spend $2300.00!!!!!  I'd rather have the new floor too.  What a great idea to set yourself up with a special account.  Its a great reminder of the wonderful things you're doing for yourself.  Lady had some great advice, and I breathed a sigh of relief when I read it.  I'm not near a year quit yet, but reading posts from wonderful quitters like Lady help me to believe that one day that all, or nearly all thoughts of smoking and all the associations will actually go away.

Keep that quit going strong, New Me,

Cheers,  Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 116
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,900
Amount Saved: $957.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 4 Mins: 55 Seconds: 32

ps
For my one year reward, I spent the money that I saved from not buying cigs and put new bamboo hardwood flooring in both the bedrooms in my condo! (i actually DID save the money in a separate savings account). I had the account set up so that every month, on the same date, $150.00 was automatically transferred into my special non smoking account from my checking account. My floors look beautiful, and just think, that $2300.00 would have literally gone up in smoke. Now, that money went down on my floors and increased my property value! The money never was one of my main motivators in quitting, but GOSH, I have new floors because I choose to quit smoking. (and the price they are now, it could definitely be a big motivator). It was very fulfilling to actually watch that money add up and have a plan for spending it. thank you all for your support over these months.

new me  

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 362
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,050
Amount Saved: $2,262.50
Life Gained:
Days: 50 Hrs: 10 Mins: 27 Seconds: 55

thank you so much lady,
I certainly have wondered why it is taking me so long to be free from the smoking thoughts. To quit getting that "i want to be able to do that too" thought when i see people sitting, talking, drinking coffee, smoking. It has been a major victory for me to go to the coffee shop and sit outside on a beautiful day, drinking my cappucino, while others smoked. But, I now know that i can enjoy the coffee, just for the coffee. I can enjoy the wine, just for the taste of it. I can relish a meal to enjoy the meal, not waiting for it to be over so I can have a fix of nicotine. I am so much more in the moment now.  I know that i do not really want to be able to smoke. I feel bad for everyone that is still in the clutches of that addiction..they will have to chose to face it someday or face the horrible consequences. I am now on the journey of learning to know the new non smoking me. I am going to take it easy on myself. I may not be as productive as I want to be yet. I may feel a little lazy and unambitious, but hopefully I will get it back as the non smoking days continue to add up.

new me

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 362
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,050
Amount Saved: $2,262.50
Life Gained:
Days: 50 Hrs: 10 Mins: 25 Seconds: 22

Reading this thread: