Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Stepped down to 14mg patch this a.m.....

16 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Peace..Hang in there girl, I stopped using my NRT about 2 weeks ago and had some pretty bad cravings yesterday...first time since heck week!! Anyway, I think the weather had something to do with it since it was the first really warm day we've had in a while. Fresh air really made me want to smoke. I just kept busy yesterday, kept reading posts (couldn't post, computer problems) but made it through and feeling better today..I know you can do this Peace so stay strong, like Jan said, it's only temporary!!! [IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll13/Meg02915/congrats-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, Peace. Some of the days, especially after a stepdown can seem pretty rough. I've been on 7mg patch for nearly a week now, and today is the best day(so far) that I've had all week. This will pass. Rest if you can, and use your distractions. In a small way, it helps to know THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY!!!! Hang in there, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $637.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're right Jim I am already nuts and feeling worse today than all the other days wrapped up into one. Guess I need more artillery in my arsenal. Who knows.... Peace :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Text[/color] Peace, today is my 1st day off the patch. Have totally gone thru what you're going thru. The physical addiction was way worse than the habit part. I hate the jitters, anger, etc. I had a problem with my meds., so if any of you take them, be aware your blood pressure, thyroid, etc may change. Keep a check on them & keep your doctor informed. Next week I will finally be able to truely say to myself & everyone else, I'm a non-smoker. Just need to be sure I don't need the patch or the lozengers. Sunshine to all & keep keepin' on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $500.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Buddy!!!! I know you got it in you to get over this phase!!! Grit your teeth and breath deep!!! You know the drill!!! It WILL pass, and in my opinion, it really can't be driving you nuts, because you were probably nuts to begin with!!! Keep that stiff upper lip, girl, and get back into that crazy, milestone-breaking whoop-d-doo mindset!!! You said you were well armed, so go kick some nico-demon butt!!!! Check with you again soon, buddy!!! JIm [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$44,602.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 12

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peace, You're doing great, keep persevering! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
[color=Blue]It's been 5 days since I stepped down from the 21 mg. patch to the 14 mg. and oh my goodness what a ride I've been on. These have been the longest, hardest and most irritable days so far during my quit. I'm sleeping o.k... In fact that is all I want to do to, escape the jittery and unsettling feelings I've been experiencing. :8o: When I'm awake I am keeping busy, doing my breathing exercises, getting plenty of exercise (walking) and so on but I'm just so exhausted by the inner shaking... UUUUGGGHHH !!!! I know that this will pass, but the waiting is driving me nuts ! Keeping a PMA as best I can folks. :confuse: Now I'll go onto item #1,450,087 of my day - dinner prep..lol ! Peace :( [/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
[color=Blue]Afternoon buddy ! You are doing such a great job with your quit :) You're so inspiring ! ! ! ! I do know it will get better and I'm keep a very POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.. with a few screams here and there ;) LOL ! ! I KNOW.. 5 weeks smoke free tomorrow ! In some ways it's gone by very fast and in other ways really REALLY slow. I never really realized how much time was spent on smoking - have so much free time now - well it seems like a lot. Wonder if that's all in my head ? ! Wishing you a great smoke free day and I'll catch you tomorrow :) Peace [/color] :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mornin' Glory! It was a bit tough for me when I halved the Chantix, too! The "little sucker" tried to get his claws back into me, but I have already banished him from my life!!! I only did a couple days on the half dose and then quit the Chantix altogether over Easter weekend. It wasn't too bad, but the urges DID pop up more often! It was pretty much grit my teeth, take a deep breath and P.M.A. for those couple of days!!! I'm still getting the urges, but they are less frequent and getting weaker!! Just remember that it will get better soon and breath deep!!! And you know what else??? Tomorrow we'll have 5 weeks under our ever-expanding belts!!! You just gotta love that!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$44,602.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 12

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[color=Blue]Hey there .. YOU :) Was wondering what had happened to you over the weekend, but then saw your post and knew all was well ! Sounds like you had a super weekend as did I :) It's been tougher than I anticipated with stepping down, especially in the morning and in the later evenings. But I'm hanging in ! It's quite a journey and I'm well armed and ready for the little sucker.. the nicodemon :eg: Heading for another cup of coffee and then move the ol' bod ! LOL ! My chores keep my mind and body very busy ! Have a great smoke free day :) :) Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: