Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

I have a TWO!!!! I found this site 48 hours ago and I now have a TWO

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks..............I was starting to lose steam. I think I'll go make a nice dinner for my family. I worked 14 hours and slept 3. I'm staying strong though the wind has deflated somewhat from my sail! I can't wait for the day I don't think about a cigarette! Please God. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
GOSH New Pappa Great, I think if we newbies get to know each other with the help of the long term non-smokers, we may just get through this a bit easier than we are??? I'll start a thread! At least I have you :) Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Thanks Danielle! I'm putting your reply into my journal and will follow your advice. I'm reading from bed today (I have to be honest - I pulled my back out (majorily), angrily unloading $500 worth of groceries). I need a real attitude adjustment :) I'm so angry too! At everything. But it's getting better. You guys are awesome :) :) :) We have 3 people in our group. I was starting to feel a bit lost trying to keep up with everyone and their progress. I hope it works but the journal is key to me as this is a self discovery, I'm learning that slooooowly. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Thanks Windy, Danielle and Josie, I'm normally not an angry person, in fact, I laugh quite often and daily. I guess my back is nagging me alot today. Great post Josie. Oh, and I am concerned about me, but I also care about the other newbies too and actually feel on the same level as many of them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
My eyes are bleeding from reading about addiction, but I have a TWO. I've never gone this long, ever, never, and I'll never forget it. I will be a permanent non-smoker, I just know it! I can't wait to get to 1 year. I wish it was 2008 already LOL. I love this place. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Thanks New Pappa, now if I can only get some sleep. I'm glad you're feeling better. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a little group. I went through some medical procedures which led me to my internet parenting site and we all formed a little community, for example "the 2007 Quitters" and we kept up with each others' progress. I wonder if there would be an interest here for a little community like that. It was a home within a home........ Anyhow, I heard a tremendous new song on the drive home from my 14 hour day at work and it felt great to sing in the car, loudly as I was alone LOL and enjoy the moment. Blah, blah, blah, blah, I can't SHUT UP. ;) Marie
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedom - You remind me of myself in the first couple of days. I was so excited and proud of myself! I'm finally starting to sleep better (good news!), and you will too. Part of the sleeping problem may be with your excitement. I think mine was. Now I'm starting to level out a little and sleep better. Congrats to you and keep going! You're doing great! I'm having fun watching you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marie I like your idea about the 2007 Quitters Club, sounds better than plain 'ol "newbie" lol. I am signing myself for your new club. Maybe the Old Schoolers can given us some tips on how they made it to their first year and whether or not it is still a struggle a year later. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Muy Bien Marie! Feels good to see that "2" eh? Excellent job, now just imagine that "3"! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedom: Hurray for you and your two! Only fellow quitters can fully appreciate your excitement -- that's why you need to stay with us. The 2 becomes 3 becomes 4, then 5, then a week, then a month. It all adds up and faster than you realize. Wait until you suddenly realize you have gone an entire day and didn't even think about smoking. Wow -- now that's a reward! And it's coming your way. Congratulations! Keep the faith -- and the quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,582 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: