Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

Dreaming ....

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had my first smoking dream last night. Dreamed that my neighbour broke into my apartment and stole my cat. I was very upset and there were all these other cats that looked like mine and everybody kept saying "oh just take that one" but I was very upset because i wanted My cat....the next thing i was at a family dinner smoking a cigarette and I looked down at the cigarette in my hand and thought "how did that happen??...I thought I had quit" Anyway...woke up...cat was still there and I still hadn't smoked....so all was well. (That's really a pretty boring dream....but it did feel strange) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe you should remind yourself why you wanted to quit in the first place -like write a list of all the reasons and all the benefits you've been feeling. I bet the list must be as long as your arm by now. I can't understand why you would be feeling nostalgic for cigarettes. They kill us, remember?? :) Cor, this Nicodemon really is an evil so-and-so! He's trying to look so attractive, to tempt you into another communication with him. Look right at him and see how ugly he is! Good luck! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 784 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much guys. I'm feeling much better today. I took the afternoon off yesterday and went shopping. How is it possible that buying a new purse can be therapy for almost everything!! I have a little anxiety building in my chest this morning but I talked a good deal about this with my husband last night and I feel like I'm coping better - at least I dont feel like I'm sliding off the edge of a cliff lol. At first I didnt want to tell that I'm feeling weak - feels like a small failure - but it was the best thing to do. He helped me reaffirm all the reasons why I'm quit and staying quit. I wonder if the season change has anything to do with this...plus back to school is always like a train wreck through my house (i'm a teacher). Anyway, I'm burning lavendar candles this morning, staying calm and visualizing myself running the Boston Marathon. The marathon is a long term goal of mine. I started running long distance again since I quit. I'll keep you posted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 892 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $444 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the early stages of my quit I used to dream about smoking. Now its started again. Last night I dreamed I bought packs of my old smokes. Smoked half a cigarette out of each pack...then my husband found them. I've caught myself feeling a little nostalgic for the smokes when I'm awake this past week. Concsciously I dont want to smoke - but theres something wierd going on in my subconcious. The is especially strange since I've had a pretty easy quit. I struggled during the first week or so. But otherwise its been full steam ahead, never look back. I've never felt better, happier or more relaxed. What do you think is going on in my brain after almost 75 days? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $438 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahh, the ramblings of the subconscious mind. Ever have a metaphorical dream about cigarettes? Like you dreamed about something entirely different but upon awakening, you know something specific in your dream was referring to cigarette. I had one last night. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $251.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hannaher you have amasing stats, this journey is unpredictable for the most part, we always have to be prepared for the ups and downs, have you been rewarding yourself lately, taking me time? Chin up things do get better, thid too will pass :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,521 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $404 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quitters on NRT often experience vivid dreams, this is a side effect. So to those on patches the dreams seem very real but they tend to lessen after a while :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,529 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $404 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hannaher, I was coming online to post the exact same thing today! I had a smoking dream just last nite. Haven't had them since I first quit. In my dream I thought I could have one every now and then, because I had such an easy quit. I think it was a reminder for me to not get too cocky, or complacent about my quit. Even after 100 days, I have to be on guard. We cannot have just one. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $508.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like the weird dreams that accompany the patch---I never could remember my dreams before. Now they are in bright colors and terribly entertaining and ridiculous at the same time! I'm just not fond of the smoking ones---I prefer the "smokin'" ones! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hannaher-Good job! I am glad you feel better! Being a teacher, you probably come home every day feeling as though you ran the Boston Marathon! LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 771 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: