Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Feeling ... Shakey

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, thanks for his kindness, help, and knowledge that he showed to us on our trip. that's great: [quote] the loving intervention that I have created in my life to give me more of the life I truly want, being more of the person I truly want to be [/quote] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 531 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump! Great and helpful posts! Thanks fellows [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 524 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RVDMAN couldn't sleep turned and tossed for an hour, I read the whole thing, sure brought me back to the beginning as you explain it so well, I'm so happy this part is over, I never want to go through that again, I can so relate to commitment to yourself and the inner fight, not wanting to fail and being so sad. We both are doing much better and this road has become easier to travel, by no means can we let our guard down as this nasty addiction is so sneaky. But in the last month or so things have slipped into place for me and I see light at the end of the tunnel. I want to thank you for your encouragement, you are a giving person, I appreciate your support, you are now 50 going on 40 enjoy your freedom and keep posting as I look forward to your posts. Sincerely Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $500 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was just re-reading this. Both of you guys write wonderful insightful posts. I love your process, even if it was often no fun at all. I forget, Phillip. Did you go to Venice? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 548 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,724 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1918 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 76 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$795,007.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5684 Hours: 17

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow guys, Great support, great posts! Keep persevering! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Riverdale, I asked because I had some experience of shakiness with the patches. Generally, they helped, but there were some (odd) side-effects. I've been off them now for a week and I'm glad. I read your posts with interest (as a fellow 'Knight'). Any cravings that we now have can't be related to nicotine addiction; I think it's all to do with many years(nearly 30 in my case) of the nicodemon brainwashing us to believe that smoking is pleasurable. I read the Allen Carr book in the early days of my quit; I found that this helped me dispel the myth that smoking was anything more than addiction. It's worth a try if you haven't read it. In the meantime, I wish you well. Look forward to your 3 month and 100 day anniversaries and reward yourself when they arrive! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale, Are you on the patches? Mr Ed :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, Phillip- you know what they say..."misery loves company". I'll join you in feeling like crap. Was at a friend's house this saturday and was the only non-smoker. I can't even say that was it since I've been sluggish and hazy for weeks now with a day or two of "normalcy" here and there. It is really quite a challenge to remain bright and optimistic about this after fighting for nearly 80 days, but somehow I manage from one day to another to keep quit. But...after leaving my friends, did I ever get the crave for the next 48 hours. Might as well have been day 7 all over again. I don't know. I realize expecting a miraculous recovery from 30 years of 2ppd smoking is ridiculous of me. No one said it would be easy. It shouldn't be....and it's not. I probably was one of those with an underlying depression or some self-esteem issue that took to nicotine like a fish to water. My dopamine/acetycholine stuff is all wacked out after 30 years of it. My brain is in a fog most of the time now. It's not that I feel "depressed", more that I'm incomplete and have lost a certain clarity that I had with nicotine. What a trip. Now I have to reform my entire neurochemical makeup and my coping mechanisms are in limbo. This is very difficult for someone who is usually quite sharp and decisive. I'm not looking for advice .I know myself very well, believe me. I realize this is a very tenuous place to be (one puff away from 2ppd) and recovery is not pretty. It does seem to go better for some. Thank God. I seriously am glad for them. For some of us, it is a bit more intense and if it's because of an underlying personality issue, well...knowing that won't change things either since we are pretty much who we are at this ripe old age. Sometimes, though it does help to know that you're not the only one experiencing this. We know we can always go back to smoking. We also know that if we do, this is where we'll be again IF we quit again. It's still a big temptation, though isn't it? For now, though, it's enough to say we don't smoke, and that will have to be enough. :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $711 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B]
Pat- glad you posted. And please don't apologise for expressing reality. I just want to say that I think in all these forums and other literature, that sleeping is grossly underrated!!! When it all gets to be a bit too much, if you can, take a nap!!! Saved my quit at least 50 times....no exageration. If some call it avoidance.......tough! While facing our craves and exercising surely are good things, we can't be expected to be hamsters on a wheel. And since my doctor won't prescribe ecstacy, well, a nap will have to do once in a while. Yes, indeed (Lady), welcome to the quit! :gasp: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $711 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Can't speak for Phillip, but he seems more positive than I am, and since I'm hanging in there, well, then logically...he must be "dancin in the streets". Seriously...a better day today. Not great, but better. Thanks for asking, Lady :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,238 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $720 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: