Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

First Day!

16 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW!!! We have almost half a day of difference! You could almost bet in my country and win money with my informations! ;) LOL!!!!!!! EHEHE!!!! That'll be just fine! I'll try next saturday to connect on one of those times! :) 2nd day on my master and already crazy about it! :) It's amazing! :) And another smoke-free day! :) Telling everyone in there that I've quitted! :) And feeling really proud on that!!! :) :) Almost 2 months! :) WOW!!!!! :) :) kissessssssssss, Cat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �171.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cat I am in Hawaii. so when it is 6:30pm your time (1:30 pm ssc time), it is just 7:30 am my time. I don't get up that early...lol I find my best time connecting with friends from Europe is either 11pm-midnight for me which is around 10-11 am for Europe, or 10am-noon for me, which is 9-11pm for them. anyway, let's try soon, ok? I have some things I would like to talk with you about. No rush, but let's try, okay? Have a fun, fun smoke free day! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,319.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
TOM!!! 200 days!!! Have you celebrated it nicely? :) WOW!!! What an accomplishment!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �171.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Thank you all for your support and motivation intake! :) I've found that really helps! :) :) Aloha, I'm starting now my first master semester so I still have 2 years until the end! About the IM I really like the idea! But due to the time difference between Portugal and the US I think that the realistic schedule should be for the weekend! yesterday night when I wrote here it said that it was 7:30 (more or less) but in here it was about 00:30 in the morning (I think!)... (Now it it 6:48).. So it makes a 5 hour difference between us (if you have the time of the site where you live!!!)... We'd better count the time difference and appoint for one day and time at the weekend! OR you can come here between my 23/00:30 during the week wich is when I arrived home after my long day! ;) I hope we manage to do it! Kisses, Cat PS - I've been learning that when we plan and learn how to do the things somehow we manage to achieve our goals and that goes not only for studies in school and university and for work but also for our quittings and now (I hope) for weight loss! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �171.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing great Cat!! Hang in there and don't forget your plan, your books and your sense of humor each morning you leave for school. You won't have near as much enjoyment without them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $840.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cat, that isn't much of a gain at all & I'm sure you will have no trouble losing it quickly. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,551.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cat You are doing just fine. You can lose the weight with the same determination you have used to quit smoking. Be proud of yourself!!!!! Good luck on the master's degree. Is this the first term for your masters? Or do you already havee a year in? Let's try to connect on IM sometime, ok? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,312.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
So... today it was my first day on my master on Clinic Psychology! And already a shocking experience!!! I was so glad to see everybody again since July and to be back at the university I missed so much... And then.. In a conversation, someone mentioned my weight gain this summer.... :( :( :( I just couldn't believe!!!! :( :( But then again... This summer I've quitted smoking! Today it was my 57th day without it! So the strugle has been on not gaining weight on this quit or gaining very little of it! I've gained 3Kg in this 2 smoke free months so I think I should consider myself as a winner and not as a looser!!!! (I know.. I do join in my head looser with gaining weight! BUT ONLY when it is about me! And I can't help myself on that!).... So just to share this... And to say that about my goals on nutrition, fitness and everything have been able to fulfill them today! I'll try to make it just like I've been doing with my quitting: baby steps, a step at a time always rewarding myself and being very patient with me! :) Let me have the strenght, the motivation and determination to gain this LONG fight with my weight and to finally reach (and stay there!!) my long small girl dream! :) :) :) and... That's all Folks!!! ;) Kisses, Cat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �168.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: