Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

No Matter Where you go... You gotta Take Yourself

16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heard that Nonic... It has also been said, "No matter where you go, there you are." I like your twist on this. For me it's taking responsibility for me. I'm here because this is the path I chose. No one else took me in this direction, though I was influenced by many, it was my choice. I've always liked this one liner, a simple yet powerful thought. I look where I am knowing that I brought myself here and I can change that decision to go elsewhere if I choose. I realize part of this is social/political but I believe it is more a state of mind or maturity than anything else. Thanks for the post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $508.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicknoodle guess what your not on your way...Your already there...You know how to do this...Just a matter of steppin out now... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,407.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nonic, First of all, I LOVE your posts! They speak to me as if you've opened my head, taken a look around and seen my inner most fears/feelings. As I sit here reading, beginning day 4, I feel strengthened by your words and wisdom. I can't thank you enough!!!! This will be another one I print and carry in my bag at all times! "A journey of self improvement that will counter the need for nicotine." That's that path I choose! I'm on my way! Debbie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nonic I agree with you full heartedly. Without this site I too would not feel so strong, so resolved in my fight to kick this vile habit. Yes, I am more involved and more creative in my paintings, my drawings and I have developed a new sense of self since I stopped smoking. I am learning constantly how do deal with everyday stresses in a much more constructive fashion and I'm really REALLY liking myself more with each passing moment of this journey ! Taking it all one moment, one day at a time ;) Thank you Nonic, you keep well too :) Have a super weekend ! xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Sam Thanks Sam, but I tell you straight up that I would not have gotten this far witout the help of this site. How is it going for you? Looks like you have a lot of creative avenues to employ in this struggle...USE THEM ALL...I'll bet that without smoking you can get more deeply involved in your painting and drawing than ever...Its funny, there are alot of people here who are involved in some type of personal expression...There must be something about this site that draws those folks that have an inward desire to express themselves outwardly... Stay well and keep on with your quit, there is nothing that is more important than this... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,407.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow nonic ! Every word you have written is absolutely true ! This is it exactly --- [quote] You must quit from the inside out. There is a core in each and everyone of us that knows that we pay a dear, dear price for the physical rewards of smoking as described above. And frankly for me anyway, the cost is way to high... [/quote] The cost is way to high for me as well ! Thanks for writing this.. You are such an inspiration to so many of us ! xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
That is a title of a song I once wrote. It was kind of a rag time...blues...slide them fingers over the frets like butter on toast songs...But for me the words and sentiment speak to the adventure we all find ourselves on here... I know full well the outward agony of laying down the weed. The physical addiction is strong...there was magic in the thin blue smoke that always made everything "seem" alright. It "seemed" to raise our spirits when the world sat down heavy on us. It "seemed" to take away fear and calm the anxiousness that is the by product of an increasingly material world. But in reality that was an illusion. Yes nicotine does have properties that increases the level and uptake of various neuro-transmitters that make us feel better. And yes there is a certain secutity in having a portable friend in your pocket on whom you could always count on to console your weary mind. But, in truth there are other ways to create these effects without sucking down dangerous chemicals, depleting your financial reserves and wondering if the next one is the one that buys you a ticket to the oncology ward. It is our job to develop those other ways...That is the part of the adventure that measures our powers of creativity. I happen to do it with physical exercise, diet, huge amounts of water consumption and a whole lot of faith in the ultimate goodness of existance. Remember, quitting is all about you, your feelings toward yourself and your drive to create a better you. These things can be done, but they do not happen by luck and circumstance. You must quit from the inside out. There is a core in each and everyone of us that knows that we pay a dear, dear price for the physical rewards of smoking as described above. And frankly for me anyway, the cost is way to high... So take yourselves dancing on a journey of self improvement that will counter the need for nicotine. I promise you that it can be done, but only if you choose to do it...And never forget that... No matter where you go...You gotta take yourself... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,407.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: