Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Even more $$$$ saved.....

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jazz,

Nice incentive to quit and check out those savings stats !  How do you plan to spend your savings??

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Moss - great to see you too.  Yes, ciggies are a crazy price up here!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well.  It makes me happy that things are improving for you.  I'm doing better as well.  I'm following doctors orders and am gradually building my upper body strength back up. I have no idea on the bone density until they do a follow up x-ray sometime in the spring, but I 'm taking my supplements like a good girl!  One of my biggest elations, however, is the fact that I'm sleeping again.  It was pretty much a full year of nonsense, the best night's sleep being about 4 solid hours and hit-and-miss after that every night.  But....now I can get a full 7 hours a couple of nights a week, so I'm good to go. Thanks for asking! 

Sorry guys, got a little off topic!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 392
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,840
Amount Saved: $2,979.20
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 19 Mins: 37 Seconds: 47

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jazz.............good to see you.

WOW.........Cigs are twice the price in Canada compared to the states.  The amount saved always amazes me.

Hope you are well............We were talking back and forth about some health issues a few months ago.  I just got test results back and things have improved dramatically.  So I am doing well on the health front. I hope the same for you.

Talk to you soon again I hope.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 437
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,555
Amount Saved: $1,474.88
Life Gained:
Days: 71 Hrs: 6 Mins: 44 Seconds: 28

15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy dance…..I’m saving even more money than I thought.  When Mr. J. and I quit last January, we were paying $9.50 per pack, including tax. 
I was in a corner store the other day, and I asked the clerk how much they were charging now (taxes in).  Get this……$10.65!!!!!  So, at a difference of $1.15/pack, times 2 (hubby and I), times 365 days in a year, we’ll save an additional $839.50 per year.  WOW!!!!

Care to do your math??

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 392
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,840
Amount Saved: $2,979.20
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 19 Mins: 34 Seconds: 21

Reading this thread: