Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

TUESDAY..WHOS OUT THERE

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on the 69 days Anx1. You will be so busy in FL soaking up some sun and being a tourist. Maybe with the money you have saved you can get yourself a "special" reward.. besides the regular trinkets you will pick up.. something that when you look at it reminds you .. that this is MY reward for not smoking... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.73 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe with the computer. I know I can do this, its just that the only two left smoking are my mother in law and father in law. they quit before and have recently started again. Actually, they tick me off, they keep trying to convince me to smoke again, telling me it is so much better. I know its because they feel like crap about themselves, but geez!!! I will let it go and hang with the kids and non smokers. And Goofy, it has 5 bathrooms and 7 bedrooms...I have a safe retreat... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, Islandgirl, my wife and i stayed out there in October,and we plan on going back next month or April. We only stayed three days the last time, but i think we'll be going for 5 or six. We really enjoy the Gulf and she loves collecting shells. Now, Anxioux1,15 people in 1 house? I hope you have more than 1 bedroom. The weather is so nice here this time of year, maybe you could be sure they smoke outside? Maybe set a 50 foot limit from the house?? I'm sure the limit would probably be a bit much. Just try to help them understand that you're serious about your quit. You have 69 days. don't panic, you can do this. Are you going to have a computer available? Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A1 after this many days you shouldn't even be considering smoking! You know by your own resolve that you can get through this without smoking and I believe you will do it. Why challenge yourself with negativity? Start planning and preparing how you are going to get through this challenging time and what you are going to do when it seems tough? Staying with a bunch of in laws doesn't sound like a good reason to smoke to me and you already know that it won't take away any of the stress from this. I know you will feel much better and stronger knowing and proving to yourself that you will not smoke even with all the temptation. Make sure to ask everyone to support you in your quit and set rules or guidelines about smoking around you, etc. I am sure that any smoker (knowing how badly a smoker is always thinking of quitting) will respect your wishes. Don't give up on yourself, you can continue to do this. Stay strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $837.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck, Hang tough, maybe you can get some of those others to quit with you :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2015 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,052.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 288 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$14,645.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 691 Hours: 21

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy, I will be in Orlando with family that smokes, I am scarred. My father in law quit for 2 years and started smoking again about three weeks ago. I is like at 3 packs a day, trying to make up for lost time. I don't want that to be me, and my confidence is not real high. I have no intentions on smoking, but 14 of my inlaws sharing a house with me? come on, this is really going to test me. I won't let them do it to me, I am going to be a bull!! I hope.. :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Goofy ever make it to Anna Maria Island? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for checking in Freedom26!
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well anxioux1, 1st congratulations on the 68 days. You're doing great! 2nd I hope you have a great time in Florida. I've lived here for eight years now, and I love it. Smoke free in Orlando!! Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $674.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Checking in from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Congrats on 68 days! Cold and stormy here too....so happy that I don't smoke and have to go outside! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $828.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: