Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Announcing our new SSC Quitting Buddies Web-Based Instant Messenger!

17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone! Butterfly Swimmer is right - our IT Team is in the process of uploading the new IM. It will take a few hours to upload and test the application - but stay online as we should be live soon. Thanks for your patience and please keep your questions in this forum. Also, a huge special thanks to our IT Team who have been working hard on this new IM for a few months. Cheers! Melanie, Director of Community
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My biggest problem is knowing who is online if they aren't on your contact list already... on the SSC page, a person's name is only there for 5 minutes... is there a way to fix that so that you can know if somebody is online if they aren't on your list? I know for me, with the old system, if I wanted to chat, I would look to see who's online and if that person wasn't on my list, I'd add them... with this one, you can't do that. Can that be changed? Also, it's VERY difficult to find people who have common words in their names like... uh, Lady, Butterfly, Ladybugg (I mean, there are THREE ladybuggs... not just ladybug, but ladybugg!!!) That's REALLY confusing and very difficult! Otherwise, the new system works great! ;) Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 377 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1557.01 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
You have to enable pop-ups.
I'm thinking they're working on it and jumped the gun a bit with this post. Danielle??? Are you there? Can you help us out a bit? We can't find it! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 377 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1557.01 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blocked pop-ups, shows I am in, but it says there are no active conversations---whats that about? How do I do this? I'm lost in cyberspace!
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cool!!! I will be able to do this from my ancient home computer! However, work won't let me play.............bunch of fuddy-duds don't want anyone to have any fun! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Members, The SSC is thrilled to announce (that in a few hours) we'll be launching our new Quitting Buddies Web-Based Instant Messenger! As many of you know, in order to use the previous version of our Instant Messenger, you needed to download the messenger into your computer. Some of our members had trouble launching that version of the Instant Messenger because of issues with their computers. Our new SSC Quitting Buddies Web-Based Instant Messenger is much more user friendly, and does not require you to install any programs on your computer, so it will be even easier to chat with other members. To help out, we�ve outlined the steps to use the new SSC Quitting Buddies Instant Messenger: How to Log Into the new SSC Quitting Buddies Instant Messenger: 1. Log into the SSC. 2. Go to the SSC Support Group home page. 3. Click the word �Launch� beside the sentence �The new and improved Quitting Buddies Instant Messenger� (this will be right above the main forums table on the SSC Support Group Home Page) 4. Voila! You are logged in and ready to chat with other SSC members who are logged in and have the Web-Based IM Open. How to Add Members: 1. Log into the SSC. 2. Launch the SSC Quitting Buddies Instant Messenger. 3. Click �Add New Contact� at the top of the screen. 4. A screen will pop up. Insert the nickname of the Buddy (their nickname is the name that they use in the Support Group) that you want to add to your contact list and click �Add� 5. You can now begin chatting with your Buddy Please note: The old SSC downloadable IM will be disabled and will no longer function. If you have any questions or comments, or if you receive any errors, please contact us by clicking the �Feedback� button at the bottom of the page. Thanks very much and we�ll see you on the new IM! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
Shevie, Our IT department and myself have not experienced any problems running the SSC IM with Norton. Have you reduced the security settings on just your browser? For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+: 1. Choose Tools, then select Internet Options. 2. Click the Security tab. 3. IE�s default setting is Medium. The IM requires this setting to be set to the default level. As with any other internet application, especially if you are using the IM at work or on a public or shared computer, make sure you check with your system administrator before changing ANY security settings. The URL for the SSC IM is: http://im5webapp.stopsmokingcenter.net Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
SweetPea and lashes, We have not yet tested the SSC IM on a Mac computer, however our IT department doesn't envision it being a problem. Have you lower the security level of your browser? (Mozilla, Internet Explorer) Have you checked your pop-up blocker? Sometimes the browser will not allow you to see the full content of the window if you do not disable the pop-up blocker. For Internet Explorer, There is a toolbar. When pop-ups are blocked, go to the pop-up blocker and click it. This will allow the pop-up. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump for lladro [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 97 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: