Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

10 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Toad,
Welcome to the group! There a lot of good stuff here, and good peeps. Good luck to you on whatever your goals may be! I kinda dropped out of other social networks for a bit to work on myself, and find comfort and advice here along with the success of controling my drinking habits to where I want my limits to be.

Nice to meet you

Honey

10 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the group toad!

Congrats on getting started and good for you for already looking for support resources. The program here can act as a work book. Take your time with it and post if you have any questions.

I look forward to reading more from you.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome toad, and yes, the toolbox and exercises is exactly what you are looking for.
10 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome toad,

Have you checked out the tools under the Toolbox tab? I found the interactive Daily Diary useful for logging drinking urges and triggers. There's a whole programme aimed at setting and achieving your own goals (Getting Started, Dealing with Difficulties, and Maintenance), and an Education section with helpful background information.
10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hallo, I'm new here. 

Looks like a supportive group and I look forward to getting to know you.

Any suggestions for reading material? I think if I had a "workbook" or something to do that reinforced the quit it would help.

I am going to try to be gentle and go slowly. One day, one hour, one minute, one second if I have to do it that way.

Work days will be difficult, I know. I plan to go to the gym after getting something to eat. Or packing a sandwich and going directly to the gym. 

Chat at ya in cyberspace!

Reading this thread: