Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Having a bad Day Three

5 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terra,

Great job getting through your cravings! Keeping busy is a great strategy. You may also want to talk to your doctor about other quit smoking aids. If it keeps getting tough - know you have options. Also, know you are not alone. We will be here cheering you on every step of the way!

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terra! Sounds like you are making progress with your quit, although I have to admit I don't think I could take on 10 tons of rock. Certainly a great way to divert your mind to other thoughts though. Be sure to keep yourself hydrated while doing all that work and keep us posted on your progress. Keep up the good fight, your doing GREAT!!
  • Quit Meter

$16,056.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 2

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haha....youll be over smoking before you finish your yard. Great to hear youre still at it.
  • Quit Meter

$13,816.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 100 Hours: 23

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terra,
 10 tons of rock...that'll keep you busy for at least a couple of days.  That's a great way to not have time to think about smoking. I haven't heard that one being used before. It's added to my mental list of ways to keep busy for future reference.  Don't overdo it tough. It would really bite getting hurt and not being able to move around much waiting to heal. Too much time to think about things that you don't really want to think about right now if you know what I mean. 
Stay strong Terra.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 21

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey do not worry you will now start relaxing and them have another bad run where you will really feel like you cant do it, It the nicotine playing tricks with you. You . have done well for the first two days now you got to carry on for the rest of your life. Personally quit at start of the year first three days, 10-16 where hard also and middle of feb about day 42. however me saving all this money and buying cryptocurrency has defo put me in good stead. my suggestion find something to spend the money on.
  • Quit Meter

$25,233.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 302 Hours: 6

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on having two feet firmly in your quit!  The first several days are hard but it sounds like your head is in the right place.  Smoking now would only mean having to go through all those hard days again, and you seem very sanely focused on that fact. Having a big project that keeps your hands busy might be just what you need.  Just remember to also be gentle with yourself when those emotional moments pop up. They don't last, so stick it out! 
5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Tim.  I swear I'm calling this my manic stage as I flit around the house doing this and that.  I am grateful that I have 10 tons of rock coming in today so I can landscape my backyard.  That should keep me busy for days. I am ever so happy for the support.  
  • Quit Meter

$11,208.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 203 Hours: 20

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terra,
 Welcome to the site. It' good to hear you are doing better today.  "So I am just breathing, lol, through it" And it's clean air too.  The cravings can get really intense as you are finding out, but they will pass in a few minutes. You may get another craving right behind it, so they seem like the same craving is just being really long.  You are on day 4 now, so the physical withdraw should be over, now you are just fighting with your brain. It wants its drug that you took away from it. Try and keep yourself busy, and change your routines. Drink plenty of water, and munch on something healthy and/or ice cubes. This is doable, as Pappy and Sparrow is finding out. It just takes a whole lot of willpower to fight those urges. I wish you the best. Keep us updated on your progress, it helps to re-enforce your quit journey, and inspires others to try and give up smoking!
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 21

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Pappy and Sparrow!  I am doing better today, taking one day, hour, minute at a time.  I know if I smoke, it will just be worse after.  I was using Chantix, but had to stop as the side effects were horrible for me.  So I am just breathing, lol, through it.
  • Quit Meter

$11,208.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 203 Hours: 20

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terra I understand how you feel with the unyielding call from the nicotine devil. These things will pass and decrease with time. Keep up the GREAT fight, you can beat the nicotine demon. Remember one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Stay strong, you can do this!
  • Quit Meter

$16,056.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 2

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: